No More Tube!

Nathan got his feeding tube taken out today! Boy did he hate that thing. As you can see in the picture, he would grab onto it & try to pull it out himself! It was so wonderful seeing him tonight with no tubes or tape on his gorgeous face! The more we get to see of him, the more we think he & Alexa look alike. He has more than a pound on her & they have different mouths, but I think they definitely look like brother & sister!

Another exciting thing happening to Nathan is his night nurse is moving him to an open crib tonight! No more isolette! That's pretty much the last step in him coming home now that he has been breathing room air for a few days, is eating all of his food through a bottle & is maintaining a good temperature! The Neonatologist told Sam & I think morning that he should be coming home Tuesday!

He is one amazing little guy. He started off a week ago in the highest level of NICU & has only improved from there. (Knock on wood) We've never had a set back with our little Nathan. He has only improved! I know all of the prayers on his behalf have helped tremendously so, THANK YOU from a very grateful mommy!
Alexa is still doing extremely well at home. She loves all of the attention she is getting from her Mommy, Daddy & Grandma. As you can see, the dogs are trying to get in on some of that action! Lexie had her first sponge bath at home today. She cried through the whole thing but hey, you can't blame her! She has no fat on her to keep her warm! And I'm a new mommy so it took me a little longer than she would have liked! She is an absolute angel & I just can't believe she is mine. I have loved every second of taking care of her. She has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. We can't wait for her brother to join her & make our family complete.

Comments

That is so amazing, good boy Nathan! They are both so adorable, I think they look alike. Sam looks good with a baby!
Anonymous said…
What exciting news!! You just made my morning! :) Those Oldroyd babies are just little fighters!! I totally think they look a like too. They are both just too cute! Thanks so much for updating your blog... I check everyday. :) I sure do love ya! I will be praying that Nathan can join the family on Tuesday!!
Jennifer said…
You have gorgeous kids, Alisha. I'm so happy that Nathan is kicking NICU butt up there! Oh, and my kids were fatties, and they HATED being bathed every time - we showered with them. They loved all the heat from the steam.
Tiffany said…
So sweet! I love the pictures, and great news too!!! Once Nathan comes home, you'll have to take some pictures side by side!! :) So glad to hear everything is going SO well!!!
Craner Family said…
Oh Alisha, I was just recalling our visit in January and our converastion about being pregnant. What a journey you and Sam have traveled! Both your children are adorable and I'm sooo happy for you!
Amy said…
ALisha I am so glad to read about your twins and that they are doing well. I'm sure it's been a huge roller coaster but now her comes the fun part. They are very cute babies. GOOD LUCK!
Rachelle said…
oh alisha, daphne cried all the way through her first sponge bath too. and then i cried! ha!

glad that nathan is doing so well. hopefully he'll be able to come home soon.

it was so good to hear your voice the other day. call me whenever you get a chance!
Mindy said…
yeah! He does have a VERY precious face! so cute

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...