We made it to 36 Weeks today! Tomorrow is the big day! Sam & I have to be there by 4:30 a.m. so we're leaving home at 3:45 a.m.! Just wanted to post the last pictures of my big pregnant belly!
Yea!!! We are so excited for all of you and can't wait to hear the big news tomorrow after the babies arrive! :) You still look great, and how amazing that you have made it to 36 weeks!!! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow...
We are so super excited for you guys and can't wait to see these 2 little angels! I can't believe how early you have to leave for the hospital...I guess it will be good practice for when you have to wake up all hours of the night and nurse. Get a good nights rest...yeah right huh!!! We love you and know that you are in our prayers! Yea...it's finally here!
I just received the email from your husband. Ali started dance camp today....I just texted her, I am sure you will be able to hear her screaming when she reads it. We have been thinking about you all summer, it has gone way to fast, for us :) she has been in rehab 3x week...more about that later. YEAH!!! How exciting for you both. Please let us know when we can come cuddle those angels......we look forward to visiting with you. Our prayers continue..... Hugs always, Mom Specht and Ali....
It's almost the end! I saw Dr. Adam last Thursday and I'm starting to spill protein and swell a little. But my BP is good! So we'll see what happens when I see her this Thursday. We may have to deliver early! I have mixed feelings about that because I really wanted to make it to 39 weeks, and my parents can't come until the 14th. But Sam is worried about my kidneys. So we'll see. Baby girl was 6.5 lbs last week. Even if she comes this week, she'll probably be about 7 lbs! Me on the other hand... I've gained 40 lbs! I have 5 lbs to go to be where I was with my other deliveries. Let's see if I get there! :)
Today we got together with another set of twins! Caden & Addison are just a month younger than Nathan & Alexa and were born at Texas Women's also! I met their mom (Laurie) through an email list I got on while on bed rest in the hospital. There was another mom who was supposed to join us who also has boy/girl twins their age-- but she couldn't make it. What a picture that would have been!
Nathan McKay Oldroyd Born August 4th at 6:37 a.m., weighs 5 lbs. 8.5 oz, & is 20 in. long Alexa Dawn Oldroyd Born August 4th at 6:38 a.m., weighs 4 lbs. 5.5 oz, & is 1 6.75 in. long We are so excited that they are finally here! The C-Section went very well & Alisha is recovering well, with the help of pain meds! Nathan needs quite a bit of help with breathing but is improving. We’re told that he may get his ventilator tube out today & they would help him breathe using a C-pap. He breathes ok on his own so he mostly now just needs some pressure to remind him to breathe. He is still in the highest level of the NICU but is doing well. He’ll be in there for at least a few days after we get to go home. Alexa is tiny but doing extremely well. Alisha was able to hold her while still in the OR before she needed some oxygen help. She only had to stay on the oxygen until 11 a.m. and is still in the lower level NICU. She should get to move to the normal nursery tomorrow m...
Comments
Our prayers continue.....
Hugs always,
Mom Specht and Ali....
Can't wait to see the babies, and hear their names!
Brenda