2 Days Old

I can't believe it's only been 2 1/2 days since Nathan & Alexa were born. My C-Section seems like an eternity ago. I think time moves in slow motion in the NICU. I wanted to post some updates on each baby & some pictures. Things are always changing!

Nathan is doing very well. His ventilator was removed last night & he now gets help breathing through the C-Pap (tubes in his nose). They've been able to decrease the amount of help they're giving him little by little. They should have already taken out his umbilical lines or will do soon, which means we will finally be able to hold him for the first time! He will also be moved into an isolette from his warming bed. We are headed up to see him soon in his new digs! Here are some pictures with his tube out. Isn't he handsome? And no, we have no idea where that hair came from! It's so cute!

Alexa is still in the NICU. She was almost ready to go to the regular nursery but during the car seat test, her temperature dropped a little below what they like so they're going to try again later. She's generally a good eater but has had a hard time waking up this afternoon. Of course that's really common in preemie's; they just get tired out quickly. We are still hoping that she'll be able to come home with us either tomorrow night or Friday morning. Here are some pictures of her when we fed & dressed her in a gown yesterday. She has one arm out because of her IV but that's gone now, so both arms are in her sleaves. She is a very petite, beautiful baby.



I am doing pretty well. They took my epidural out today, which had been giving me Demoral, so I'm feeling a little beat up from the pushing, pulling & cutting during the C-Section. One of the worst parts is that my feet & lower legs have swollen to at least 10 times their normal size, I swear. Sam says I look like I have Elephantitis. Funny. Ha Ha. No, you will not be seeing any pictures of me or my feet!

I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow or maybe Friday. Adios!

Comments

Andrea Dent said…
Alisha, they are beautiful! Seriously they could not be any cuter! I'm excited for you and Sam, and that these babies get you two as their parents! Lucky kids!
Paige said…
Alisha and Sam! They look great!! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to meet my cute little second cousins! I am glad to hear it went well! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Love you guys!
Beautiful babies! Way to get your boy and girl all in one shot. What an adventure the four of you have ahead of you. Good luck!
Natalee H. said…
So beautiful! Love the hair, love the names, love it all. Wow I bet your hard pregnancy seems so worth it now. Congrats!

Nat
Tiffany said…
They are absolutely gorgeous! It was hard to see Nathan in the last pictures, but he is cute as can be!!! Thanks for posting new pictures... can't wait for more! Hopefully everything will continue to go well for you all and those babies will be able to go home soon!
oh my heavens, he is so handsome. Wow, you guys make some cute babies and I'm not just saying that. You guys should be really proud of yourselves. Good job! Pride is ok, I don't care what John says. ;)That's a bummer about the car seat test. I bet Alexa will fix that problem soon. I'm so excited you get to hold Nathan soon! And what's this...Natalee has a blog?!
Anonymous said…
Yay! I was hoping you'd post more pictures!! I check several times a day ya know? :)
I have been wanting to call you, but you know me... I don't want to interrupt anything, I don't know how you're feeling, etc, etc. So, thnaks for the new update!
Nathan is just adorable!! It's nice to see a better picture of the little guy...the last pic was hard to see his face with all the tubes and wires. :( He is just ADORABLE! Love all that dark hair!I think he's a good mix of the two of you. But Alexa I think is all you. At least that's what it seems like in their pictures.
They are both just perfect! I so hope you get to take Alexa home with you and I hope Nathan follows shortly after.
Greg and I hope to come visit y'all soon! We can't wait to see these little cuties in person!! Love ya!!
I am so glad you are all doing so well. they are so cute! I am so sad I can't come and see them. I was about to say maybe during Chirstmas but our due date is teh 21 so that is not looking so hopeful. love ya
chelsea said…
your babies are so beautiful and i'm so glad nathan is doing better. i forgot to mention that i love that you gave them your middle names, it's so perfect. i hope everything goes well today and sweet baby alexa can go home with you. how does it feel to have your body back to being yours again?

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...