Introducing...

Nathan McKay Oldroyd
Born August 4th at 6:37 a.m., weighs 5 lbs. 8.5 oz, & is 20 in. long

Alexa Dawn Oldroyd
Born August 4th at 6:38 a.m., weighs 4 lbs. 5.5 oz, & is 16.75 in. long
We are so excited that they are finally here! The C-Section went very well & Alisha is recovering well, with the help of pain meds!

Nathan needs quite a bit of help with breathing but is improving. We’re told that he may get his ventilator tube out today & they would help him breathe using a C-pap. He breathes ok on his own so he mostly now just needs some pressure to remind him to breathe. He is still in the highest level of the NICU but is doing well. He’ll be in there for at least a few days after we get to go home.

Alexa is tiny but doing extremely well. Alisha was able to hold her while still in the OR before she needed some oxygen help. She only had to stay on the oxygen until 11 a.m. and is still in the lower level NICU. She should get to move to the normal nursery tomorrow morning. She has been eating out of a bottle & does really well! We’ll get to put her in some real clothes sometime today! Unless something goes wrong, she should be able to come home with us.

We’re very excited to have such beautiful babies come into our lives. Thank you for all of your thoughts & prayers!

Comments

Amy and David said…
YEA! They are beautiful and I am so happy for you are prayers are with all of you and especially Nathan. Congrats!
Wooo-hooo! Y'all sure make cute babies! Please keep the pictures coming as time permits!!!
Kari said…
Congratulations!! Alexa looks just like a Partridge!! She will be mommies little girl! Good job I am glad everyone is doing well. I hope all can come home soon!
Andrea Dent said…
Look at all that hair! They are beautiful, and I love their names! I 'm so glad to hear babies and Alisha are recovering well. You are in our prayers.
Doug and Shayla said…
Congrats!! They are beautiful babies. We're so happy for you guys.
marianne said…
I'm such a lucky auntie!! I can't wait to come and hold them soon - I still can't get over all that hair:)! Lots of love.
Anonymous said…
Yay!! The long awaited post w/ pictures & names!! They are absolutley beautiful & perfect in every way! I love both the name choices...those were the names I was hoping you would pick. :) I love how both of them got both of your middle names...that is so special. We love you and can't wait to meet them!!
Sarah said…
Last night I dreamt that you named the babies Daniel and Jennifer Joseph (Jenni Jo anyone?) You were showing me pictures and they were the size of 8 month olds. I kept saying "They were 4 weeks early?" and Sam was being really rude about it. Your real babies are so much more beautiful! Congratulations! Obviously you are in my thoughts but know that your family is in our prayers as well.
p.s. I know my dreams are weird. No need to mention it.
Tiffany said…
Yea!! Congrats! They are great size, and such beautiful babies! I'm so glad they are doing well... and you too! We can't wait for you to bring them home with you! Thanks for the update! Oh, and I love the names too!
Anonymous said…
One more thing...I totally think that Alexa looks a lot like your nephew Luke when he was first born. So, I'm guessing she looks like you & your side of the family. She is just beautiful! I can't get a good look at Nathan b/c of all the wires & tubes. Does he look like Sam??
Henry Family said…
Hey Alisha,
Congratulations!!! I am happy everything has gone well with the babies, and happy for you that they have arrived. I am a little jealous that I am still waiting. She is 4 days late today, and it doesn't feel like anything is happening. But, I know it must be tougher having twins, so I am just fine. They are beautiful!
later, april
Unknown said…
Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your journey and finally the end result!

Brenda
Congrats you guys! They're darling! And their names are awesome...the Dawn doesn't have anything to do with "Breaking Dawn" does it?!? Ha ha. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!
Mary and Mike Diehl
chelsea said…
Congratulations. I'm so glad that after everything, you all seem to be doing well. I'm so excited for you all... here's to lots of new and fun things in your future!
Emily Hamilton said…
CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you! What beautiful babies! I'm glad all went well with the delivery. We will keep you in our prayers. Alisha, you'll be a wonderful mommy! How fun!
-Emily Hamilton (Ashton)
Carianne Moore said…
congrats! the long wait is over! We are so excited for you! You'll be the best parents ever!
Trenda said…
Congratulations . . . they are beautiful! I'm glad things have gone so well for all of you!
Pops Stargell said…
congrats to the new family of four! we're super excited for you guys and look forward to seeing lots and lots more pics in the coming days.

love,

ben, amy, noah & sam
Becky W said…
Alisha! Congratulations! Your babies are beautiful!

~Becky (Speer) Woolley
lindsi said…
They are both darling Alisha....precious angels! Hope you recover quickly and get to take the babies home soon!
Craner Family said…
Congrats guys! I love how each of them has your names in it as well. I got a little teary eyed when I saw the pictures. They're beautiful. I can't believe 6 weeks ago, I was doing that with Zac! Soak it in because it doesn't last very long!
The Oldroyd's said…
Congrats, what cute babies. You picked really good names too. I am glad Alexa is doing so well and pray that Nathan will continue to improve. We are so happy for you guys.
so happy nathan & alexa are a part of this world, a part of an amazing family & are healthy. we are so thrilled for you guys. we pray everything continues to look happy :) much love!
The Garveys said…
They are really cute! CONGRATS!
The Yosts said…
Congratulations! Life will never be the same- it's better! We're so happy for you guys.
Anonymous said…
YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! Alisha!!!! Sam!!!! yaaaaya!! I'm soo happy for all four of you! (well six including the puppies) I've been praying so hard for all of you!! Congratulations! That is soo great. :)

Best regards beautiful family.

Love,

Emilia

p.s. I just created this thing (mainly so i could leave you a comment) and i must admit, it is pretty cool. I havent spiffed it up yet.. yours is pretty much amazing. :)

p.s.s. I cant wait see you at church!! <3 :)
Anonymous said…
yes yes i know there are a two typos in my first comment; but remember you were my math teacher, not my English teacher. So.. go easy on me will ya? haha :)

There. Now you have two comments from me! I know I'm amazing.. :)
Darbee said…
Congratulations!!! What beautiful babies you have! I am so glad that things went well, and you all seem to be doing okay. We will be thinking of you and praying for you all. Good Luck! Congrats!
Diana & CJ said…
They are both beautiful & all so tiny. Love the names you choose. Hope you feel better soon Alisha.
Laurie said…
what gorgeous babies!! we are extremely happy for your new little family. glad everything went well, let us know if we can do anything for you.
beautiful little ones!!! So happy for you guys and happy all went well! Try to just take it easy, Alisha. I had a C-section...don't push yourself too hard and it will get better!!!
wow, they are handsome and beautiful. I don't want Sam getting upset with me for calling Nathan beautiful. That's crazy they have brown hair. You get to keep those heart things, so that's nice. Kylee was on a C-pap too. He will be home before you know it. Congrats, love the names! I'll be over soon to bring food but I won't bring my germs inside!
Melanie said…
Congratulations on the beautiful babies!! they're beautiful!! congrats again guys!
Carrie said…
They are so cute. Seriously. Not all newborns are cute, but those are some cute babies! I love the hair! They look great and healthy and I am so happy for you guys.
jamie said…
SO glad to hear that all is going well. kris and i have been thinking of you. congratulations!
Mary said…
Congratulations! I'm so glad they've arrived safe and sound. I keep up with the latest through Joan but want to tell you myself how happy I am for you ALL! We're praying for speedy progress for Nathan so you can all be together at home soon. Oh, happy day!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date