The Worst Day EVER

It's been a BAD DAY ya'll. It started off bad when I couldn't eat or drink ANYTHING after midnight last night & my surgery wasn't until 1pm. I love food & I'm a "nursing mother" or a "pumping mother" I guess. But overall I was looking forward to getting the stone blasted out of my kidney/ureter. I shouldn't have been so naive!

The pain & nausea started to get really bad on the drive home from the hospital. I'm sure my poor father-in-law was nervous I was going to upchuck all over his car! But I didn't. I willed myself to make it to the toilet. Well I did, & I won't go into details (you're welcome). But needless to say there went my pain meds & (get this) anti-nausea medication. The pain got worse & worse & made me continue to vomit ANYTHING that went down. When I say PAIN, I mean PPPPPAAAAAIIIIIINNNNN. Let me put this into perspective for you: I have had kidney stones 3 times prior, recovered from a very diffictul c-section & the pain from those things doesn't even come CLOSE to the pain I was in today. I was totally dysfuntional. Couldn't sit still, couldn't lay down, coudn't take care of my babies, couldn't drink, couldn't eat, couldn't talk. All I could do was moan & cry. Words cannot describe how excruciating it was. Finally, when I came to the conclusion that I would rather die (seriously) than continue feeling this way, I had Tiffany drive me back to the ER.

I demanded Morphine in an IV & they listened. But it took 3 doses to manage the pain. Apparently, the little pieces of my stone are very sharp. This is not a normal occurance after the lythotripsy. My sister, mom & friend have had the procedure & just had some mild back pain. Of course it's my luck that this happens.

But I'm back at home & just hoping that things are under control. As great as those ER docs & nurses are, I would not like to see them for a 3rd time this week, thank you very much.

So that was my worst day. No sugar coating & no exaggerating. It just sucked.

Comments

marianne said…
Very glad you are feeling better! What a horrible experience. I'm so sorry:(
The babies were darling tonight (of course)!
Love, M
Anonymous said…
Oh no! I am SO SO sorry! So glad it's over and hope it never happens again!
Trenda said…
I too hope that was the worst of it! Sorry to hear about the horrible day! Love you! :)
Kari said…
Hi, I found your blog from Beth Hill's. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you how adorable your twins are! Aren't they so fun? I just had twin boys 3 weeks ago today. I was looking back at your older posts...brought back a lot of memories. I delivered at 36w2d. After being on bedrest and trebutaline for over 4 weeks!
AmandaScraps said…
I am soooooooo sorry! How are you doing now? Call me!
Krissee said…
Ohhh that sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...