This & That

I took a couple of pictures this morning of Nathan & Alexa that I wanted to post. This is the first time Alexa has worn this cute dress I bought her & I just think she's so adorable in it! And of course Nathan is also adorable in his matching froggie outfit. These pictures make Nathan look HUGE compared to Alexa. I think it's mostly his head. And yes, he weighs almost 2 lbs. more than her. Along those lines, I thought I'd share with you a typical conversation with a stranger I run into in the grocery store/mall/wherever...

Stranger: "Awwww... do you have TWO BABIES?"
Me: "Yup. Two babies."
S: (Looks at them) "They're so beautiful/cute/adorable! Are they twins?!?!?!"
M: "Yes, they're twins."
S: "But he's so much bigger than her!"
M: "Yes, yes he is."

I mean hello people! Babies are different sizes! It is not physically possible that I would have two infants clearly this young but not twins! This conversation happens at least 3 times every outing. It's hilarious.

I've been slacking on the video taking so I thought I'd take some this morning. I went in to get Alexa up from her nap & she was stirring already. So I grabbed the camera just because I thought it was cute but I hit the jackpot! She woke up a happy girl! It's so cute.

This one is of Nathan a short time later only AFTER they ate. He's quite the happy one when his belly is full! Typical boy!

Oh, & an update on the babies sleeping... They've continued to sleep through the night! Yay! Now if only they'd nap better during the day...

Comments

Sarah said…
They are both so cute! Do they both have brown eyes? I've never thought to leave Maryalice's headband on while she sleeps. I'm always worried she'll rub it off and choke herself or something. Alexa's headband was perfectly in place! very impressive.
Tiffany said…
Those videos are so cute! I'm so glad they are both sleeping through the night for you, that's wonderful!!! Isn't it funny and people can say the silliest things sometimes! Anyway, your kids are darling!!!
Marie Partridge said…
Not prejudice or anything, but pretty dang cute!!!
Jennifer said…
I was wondering the same thing about their eyes. They are so stinking CUTE! They have changed over from that wriggly pink newborn phase to the infant stage, you know? Kinda filled out. Love it! Oh, and I hate stupid people. Usually they are strangers in stores. Here's my response to the entirely over-used and under-polite, "You sure have your hands full!" - "I've really been blessed." That's true, plus it's code for "You crossed the line, buddy!"
Andrea S. said…
I can't believe how big they've gotten since the last time I stopped by your blog. They are such cute babies. Don't people at the store always say the most random things? I really have to wonder how many people think before they speak.
Alisha said…
Sarah & Jen-- no, they both have blue eyes. The video just makes them look dark. I'm probably a bad mom for it never occurring to me that Alexa would be strangled by her headband... hmmm... well if anything, it usually comes off behind her head but it might be a good idea to take it off!
Laura said…
They are such cute babies!

Are you sure they're the same age though? He's so much bigger than her. JUST KIDDING! I couldn't resist!

If you still are looking for blogs to read, you can add mine:

clutterconnection.blogspot.com
Bertie said…
That is so funny about the "daily" conversation with strangers!! LOL!

They are just too precious!:)
Anonymous said…
SO CUTE!!! I need to see them again. :) Love the matching frog outfits! And yes, I will send you those pics of our cute kiddos... I am going to post them too, so if it's easier to just copy them off my blog that's fine too. Let me know which you prefer.
Amy said…
love these videos! i got stuff about will's weight all the time! i just had to realize people will say what they are going to say.
Hi - I think you commented on our blog once before. Your twins are adorable.... the stories don't get any better. Turner is about 4 lbs more than Ellie at this point and I hear the same conversation at least once a day! Good Luck.

Carissa
marianne said…
such cute videos!
Melanie said…
Yes they are!!! I'm working on editing them, and then I should have the CD by Sunday!
Angela Mitchell said…
They are so adorable! And I love how much bigger Nathan is. You have got to love strangers and their ridiculous questions.
Ally said…
I have to tell you my favorite story about twins. My neighbor growing up had twins - a boy and a girl. They were so adorable. I loved them. Anyway, she would go out and the girl was dressed in pink and the boy was dressed in blue. They were very obviously a BOY and a GIRL. The top 10 stupidest question was "Are they identical??" LOL! Can you believe that people are stupid enough to ask that question?? Actually I guess when you think about it there are a lot of stupid people out there! Just had to share. Think of me when you get asked that question. They are absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time. Allyson
Jennifer said…
Two more strangers' comments:

Asian men OFTEN walk up and put their hand on Gabe's head. I've heard twice "In my country, this means very smart." I said, "In my country this means big hat."

#2: EVERYONE thought Charlotte was a boy. Even when decked out in pink velvet overalls. "What's his name?" "Charlotte." I usually got no response.
Leslie said…
Other people LOVE to ask stupid questions. Before we had children (and were trying everything possible to have them) people ALWAYS asked, "so why haven't you gotten pregnant yet?" or "Why are you putting off having children?" Like you seriously want to explain to the stranger (or acquaintance) that you and your husband have attempted the conception "dance" like a million times....and it's none of their business!

You have really cute babies! I guess you can be grateful that they are adorable enough to get noticed. I noticed Alexa's headband too! So perfectly in place. LOVED the videos. I need your help making my blog look prettier! Yours looks great.
cute babies! this is such a fun stage when they start sleeping more, waking up and greeting you with smiles. awwww!
Tammy said…
I hear you girl on the strangers. Do you have any idea how many people have ask if Erin's hair is naturally curly? REALLY! I perm it every three months. Love the pics. ADORABLE!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...