Traumatized

Nathan & Alexa had their 2 month check up with the pediatrician today. Ummm.... it was not so much fun. Nothing any parent has told me prepared me for how emotional I was when they gave them their shots. It was rough & many tears were shed by all 3 of us. I luckily had my friend Lori there with me to help. I wouldn't have been able to do without her! Thank you Lori!

Dr. B was very happy with the twins' growth & development. They are actually bigger than I thought they were! Here's the info:
Nathan:
Height 22.25" (25th percentile), Weight 10 lbs. 5 oz. (25th percentile) & Head 15.75" (50th Percentile)

Alexa:
Height 21.75" (25th percentile), Weight 8 lbs. 9 oz. (5th percentile) & Head 14.75" (10th percentile)

Alexa's still a lightweight as you can see. She's very long though-- thank goodness she got that from her Oldroyd Aunts instead of the short torso from the Partridge side! I didn't need the doc to tell me that I have beautiful & healthy babies... but it's sure nice to hear!

Comments

Krissee said…
Glad you had a good visit! Yes the shots are bad. I didn't stay in the room and I still cried. Smith went first and after he got his shots Daniel handed him to me in the hall so I could comfort him and he had Addison after hers were done. They were pretty pitiful for a few days after too. Glad its over and I'm glad you got a good report. There is nothing better than hearing that your babies are healthy.
I hated that I am so glad they are growing so well. you really do have beautiful babies.
When Kenidee got her shots I sat in the room and cried and cried. Kenidee had long stopped crying,and the nurse told me that I was welcome to stay in that room until I was done. So nice of her.
Andrea Dent said…
ouch! I hate those appointments when they get shots! I just can't handle being the one to hold them down while it's being done! Sad. I hope they are recovering well, and that you are too!
Rachelle said…
alisha, it is awful when they have shots! i must have told you how awful it was for me too? well i sat in the corner and cried while kelly held daphne's arms at 2 months. so sad.

it gets better. easier. maybe.
Paige said…
They are adorable and I am so glad they are healthy! I can't wait to meet them! They are SOO cute!!
way to grow babies! I'm sorry, I didn't even think to warn you. It wasn't so bad for me b/c I've seen worse things....spinal taps, IV's in the head, X-rays, blood taken, etc so when she got all her shots at the doc it didn't hurt as much. Didn't even think about it, oops! I hope you guys are ok!
J.Frey said…
I HATE shots as well! It is so sad! I am glad that they are both healthy. They are so beautiful! (Our little Anna is a lightweight like Alexa...So cute!)
The Oldroyd's said…
That is good that they are growing so well. Yes, I cry every time Brooklynn has to get shots or anything done. Even at two getting her flu shot. It is hard to see your kids go through pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...