Ultrasound news

Dr. Adam gave us an ultrasound last night to look at the babies' growth. I was not too optimistic but things are actually ok! The baby boy is doing better than baby girl. He gained 6 oz. & is now estimated to be 3 lbs. 10 oz! Baby girl only gained two so she's about 3 lbs. 6 oz., which is only 16th percentile. Dr. Adam surprised us by saying she wouldn't do another u/s until Monday, July 21st, and when I asked her if she thought we'd make it that long she said yes! That is excellent news because I'll be 34 weeks on July 20th & that is a big milestone. I asked Dr. Adam what would be the deciding factor to taking the babies & she said if one of them is below the 10th percentile. So I would imagine she'll take them after that next ultrasound considering baby girl has gone from 28th to 16th percentile in 8 days. Of course, anything could happen in the mean time but as long as my contractions can stay under control & the babies continue to do well during the monitoring, we hopefully can make it until the week after next! It'll be so much better for the babies since the longer they can stay healthy inside me, the shorter amount of time in the NICU.

It's taken me a good night's sleep to be really happy about the news from the ultrasound. Don't get me wrong, I want the babies to be as healthy & big as possible! But I also would like to go home someday! I've been here for 2 1/2 weeks & my next ultrasound is 1 1/2 weeks from now. So that means I'll have been here 4 weeks by then. That's a long time to be in 1 room in a hospital. I really have felt blessed & boosted by everyone's support & prayers but I still have moments where I feel sorry for myself, & I had one of those last night. Then it makes me feel like a horrible mother for wanting them to come now so I can go home & not be pregnant anymore. It's a struggle but I'm feeling better this morning & just really happy that Dr. Adam thinks we can make it past 34 weeks.

After the rough couple of days I had Sunday, Monday & Tuesday with contractions, I've had a calm couple of days since then, which has been nice. I also get lots of visitors which makes the days pass quickly. I really have great friends & family! And I know there are many of you that would be here for me if you could, so thank you! (The phone calls are great too!) I have a lot to be grateful for, including a wonderful husband who is dealing with so much right now on his own while still trying to spend time with & support me. I love him so much & couldn't do this without him.

That's all for now! Hopefully nothing too eventful will happen in the next little bit!

Comments

Tiffany said…
That's great news! I'm glad they are still doing well. Hopefully baby girl will put on some pounds in the next week or so!
Unknown said…
I really feel for you! I found your blog and just wanted to wish you the best! It really will be worth it in the end!
chelsea said…
I'm so glad that the babies and you are doing well. I think about you a lot and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I know it will be worth it. You'll think back in a year and will hardly be able to remember what it was like. Don't you think that's the great thing about pregnancy... the fact that you are pregnant for 9 months and by the time that eight or nine month mark comes, you feel like anything is better than being pregnant. (i think Heavenly Father was so smart when He planned it that way!) Good luck and I have been loving the regular updates, thanks!
Sending you a virtual hug and kind thoughts. You are in our prayers! Joy
yay! I forgot to ask when I talked to you this morning. Roxy is cuddeling on my lap as I type this. She is staring at her picture on the blog. I'm actually pumping at the same time too...she'll have to get used to that, right? The dogs are having fun...Dixie wants to chase them and they don't really care for Dixie but they are warming up to her. They have been fine, no pee pee or chewing so no worries yet! I hope the babies will go to 34 weeks. I totally know what you mean. You want the babies to stay in there but yet you wanna be home! I totally hear ya. Maybe I should come massage your ankles? lol Your family would kill me. Ttyl!
Craner Family said…
Oh Alisha, I think you're the ultimate trooper! Perhaps what you really need is a cream pie?!?! eh, eh, eh????
lindsi said…
Alisha...good news about the babies. To make it to 34 weeks would be awesome! It was so good to chat with you yesterday...hang in there...you are a trooper! You guys are in our prayers!
The Oldroyd's said…
That is great that the babies are doing well. I hope your little girl gains some weight. I am so sorry that you are stuck in the hospital, I think you have the right to have days like that. I would too. Just know that all us Oldroyd's in Utah think and pray for you and of course check your blog all the time. I wish you all the best. We can't wait until some day you guys can come to Utah and we can see the little babies.
Melanie Rossi said…
I'm feeling for you big time right now and I totally understand your feelings of being ready to leave that hospital!
Cheryl said…
OK I'm a blog stalker, but I do know Sam and Marianne, I grew up in that stake and graduated with Marianne. Anyways hang in there. I've spent way to much time in the NICU and believe me it's no fun. Try to keep those little ones in there. Are you having them in the Med Center? TCH actually has a room for 1 parent to stay in while babies are in the NICU. I stayed there when I had my first. I just couldn't stand to leave my baby. If you ever want to talk or have questions I'm available.
Tenille said…
Alisha I came across your blog the other day. This is Tenille Blackett from the Math lab. Congrats on being pregnant with twins. Hang in there. You are not a bad mother to want to get out of the hospital and not want to be pregnant anymore. I think all women feel that at some point during pregnancy. Its true somehow we are blessed to forget all the discomforts and pain we experience immediately when you see those precious babies. Hang in there.
The Garveys said…
Hey its Molly from Ohio!!! I am so happy for you and you and the babies will be in my prayers. Take care!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...