Touring Privileges

Today's Updates:
  1. I now have "touring privileges" which means, as long as my contractions are stable, Sam or whoever is visiting can wheel me around in a wheelchair for up to 30 minutes a day so I can get out of my room. Yahoo!
  2. They had to stop my labor again last night with shots so they upped my dose of the pill I take & the contractions are better. The side effects increased (made for a rough night) but my body will adjust & I'll be ok. Unfortunately, as I my body adjusts to the side effects, it will be come less effective & we'll be back where we were. Dr. Adam informed me last night that I WILL be going back on Magnesium Sulfate eventually (nasty drug through an IV to stop labor-- bad bad side effects-- yuck yuck yuck-- I can't even describe the horribleness). So I'm just trying to enjoy my time before that happens again.
  3. Dr. Adam was really tired last night & accidently put something about my IV in my charts so we thought I was going to have to get it put back in. I seriously almost had a breakdown. This experience is much more bearable being "Alisha unplugged." But it was a mistake & my wonderful night nurse got it taken care of! So I'm good for now!
  4. Amanda & Luke leave today at 3pm. :( It's been SO great to have them here! Amanda even painted my toenails today! Such a great sister! I expect visitors now all you Houston friends!!!

Comments

Rachel B said…
You look beautiful and I'm so happy for you. Hope everything goes well.
Craner Family said…
Essentials for every pre and post birthing: PEDICURE, PEDICURE, PEDICURE!!! Love the toes.
Carrie said…
Wow. You are a trooper. Thank goodness for laptops! Hopefully we will get to see you when we are there! And maybe two sweet babies, too. IF they are ready!
marianne said…
Hey! I think Amanda should open up a salon - she is good:)
Hope your day is good Alisha - I'm planning on coming up again tomorrow and would love to take you on a walk (if you are up for it):)!
Rest well.

Love, Marianne
I love the updates. You're so smart to have a blog to "journal" about this. Plus blogging about the NICU will be nice for you to look back on. I totally wish I had a blog. Then when people say "when do the babies come home, how are the babies" You can say, just go look at my blog. :) Anyway, can't wait to see ya Friday. I'll call before I come and ask what you are craving.
Mindy said…
You do look great! You've come so far. Nice work & good luck in the coming weeks!
Anonymous said…
Nice toes just make you feel better don't they? :) What a great sister you have!! Hopefully one of these Saturdays I can get down to see you and take you for a ride in your wheelchair. :) How about Saturday the 19th?? This weekend we are busy with the 4th and the following, Greg and I will be in San Antonio for our Anniversary. But I am free the 19th if you are still there and in the mood for a visitor.
I got a pedicure right before I had Britain so I knew at least one part of my body would look normal and cute!

I am so excited for you Alisha! You will have a busy and wonderful life! I love reading about your adventures with your pregnancy! Good luck and you're such a trooper!

It's been a long time hasn't it? I"m glad I found you!

Love, Brooke Bredthauer(Barrett)

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...