Here for the long haul...

No luck in going home, not that I really thought I would be. Dr. Adam happened to be here last night right in the middle of them stopping my labor AGAIN & considering everything, thinks it's best I stay here until the babies are further along. I can't say I disagree. I definitely don't love being here & would rather be home but I don't have someone that can care for me 24 hour a day so I'd be getting up & down too much. Also, we live 40 minutes (with no traffic) away from the hospital. So I know this is best for the babies.

Some good news is that I finally get my IV out today! That may not seem like a big deal but holy cow-- I'll feel so free! I can actually wear clothes & get out of the hospital gown!

Staying here the rest of my pregnancy doesn't mean until August 7th though. With the amount of labor stopping they have to do, there comes a certain point when its better for the babies to come early than to keep getting heavy drugs. So as far as I know, 34 weeks is the goal, which is less than 3 weeks away. The babies will most likely spend at least a couple of weeks in the NICU but with the steriod shot they'll give me to help their lungs, it shouldn't need to be much more than that. Every week I can go from here will give the babies a better chance of avoiding health issues so I really hope we can make it. I think we can, but hey, I made the August 7th appointment the day before I went into the hospital thinking we'd make it to that. What do I know? Sam & I do both have a strong feeling that the babies will be fine so that's what keep me going.

I just can't believe this is my life! Oh well, it'll be over soon & I'll be what I've wanted to be for so long-- a mom!

My sister, as I mentioned yesterday, is down visiting me from Dallas for a few days with my 5 1/2 month old nephew Luke. She is so wonderful & brought me lots of things-- best of all her company for 3 days! She's even staying in a hotel nearby since I live so far away. I can't believe I'm posting pictures of me in a hospital gown but she took these yesterday when Luke was hanging out with me on my bed. He's such a good baby & just likes to smile & talk! I have such a great family & am so glad my sister lives close enough to make this possible!

Comments

Tiffany said…
Love the updates! We've been thinking about you guys a lot and you all are definitely in our prayers! Hopefully those babies will hang out in there for a little longer! I'm glad to hear you all are still doing ok!!!
Anonymous said…
I know being in the hsopital stinks and I'm sorry! :( But you couldn't be in better hands! We are praying for you and those babies. I'm so glad your sister is there with you and that you have a computer now. :) Did Sam get you that remote??
Darbee said…
Oh, Alisha! I had NO idea! You are such a trooper! I'm glad that your spirits are up, and you seem to be doing okay. I know I'm far away, but let me know if there is anything I can do! Good Luck, and Hang in there! Those babies will be in your arms before you know it!
The Yosts said…
Hope you have good books to read and movies to watch! It will soon be all over in a flash.
laura j. said…
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You are almost there! I love keeping up with you on your blog, I hope you're okay with that.
Trenda said…
Sorry to hear you are in the hospital for a while. Good luck with everything. You are in my prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...