The Name Game
I realize its hard to believe, especially because I'm such a planner, but no, we do not have names picked out for these children. I never pictured myself to be a "wait & see" type of mom, but as it turns out, I am. I just can't even think about deciding on a name until I see the little bugars. So for all of you speculating that we really have them picked out & are keeping them a secret-- its just not true. We really don't know! Some of you have mentioned personalized gifts & I'm so sorry I can't help you out there now-- but hopefully you won't have to wait much longer! I'm really hoping & praying that it only takes us a couple of days to figure it out once they are here. So again, to stave off disappointment, you will most likely not find out their names when the first email is sent out announcing their birth because we will still not know!
On that note, one thing stressing me out (besides an indecisive husband) is the fact that I don't have longer lists of name ideas. I don't think we need 50 but I'd like to have 5 for each or something! The reason it makes me nervous we only have a couple of ideas is if none of those feel right now, what if they still don't once we see them & we're not prepared with any others! So inspired by my friend Darbee, who is having her baby in 6 weeks, I'm going to ask for some help. I would like suggestions. Keep in mind, I'm way less picky but I am married to Sam Oldroyd so there's like a 99.9% chance that we wouldn't actually use your idea. But we might! Maybe something will pop out to us! So for that slight possibility, especially if you're family & planning on more kids, don't give us an idea you wouldn't want us to use. Also, to give you an idea on our taste, we're not super traditional but not extreme either. If for nothing else, this will save me from going through those !@#$ name books with every weird & unusable name known to man. (I seriously can't get past the "B's").
Comment away!!!
On that note, one thing stressing me out (besides an indecisive husband) is the fact that I don't have longer lists of name ideas. I don't think we need 50 but I'd like to have 5 for each or something! The reason it makes me nervous we only have a couple of ideas is if none of those feel right now, what if they still don't once we see them & we're not prepared with any others! So inspired by my friend Darbee, who is having her baby in 6 weeks, I'm going to ask for some help. I would like suggestions. Keep in mind, I'm way less picky but I am married to Sam Oldroyd so there's like a 99.9% chance that we wouldn't actually use your idea. But we might! Maybe something will pop out to us! So for that slight possibility, especially if you're family & planning on more kids, don't give us an idea you wouldn't want us to use. Also, to give you an idea on our taste, we're not super traditional but not extreme either. If for nothing else, this will save me from going through those !@#$ name books with every weird & unusable name known to man. (I seriously can't get past the "B's").
Comment away!!!
Comments
Since I had Makayla not so long ago, I'll give you the ones that we decided against: Deveny, Addisyn, Olivia, Kayla, Lauren, Jenna, Allysa, Keira, Jade, Kaley,and Callie.
Hope you guys can figure out what you're looking for! It's always a tough decision with names. I hate those baby name books as well. I used to look in books, the credits after movies, and newspapers to find names I liked. We also looked at lakes, rivers, national parks(hence the name Bryce from Bryce Canyon) and I got Makayla's name from the show Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman from the early nineties. Preston's middle name is Colter and that came from a store in Jackson, WY. Just look around and keep your ears open. Good luck!
(We all know you love visiting England!)
Boy Ideas: Kempton or Raleigh
Sending you hugs...
Boy names (I know you saw our list on my blog when we were deciding what to name Chase): Thatcher, Graham, Collin, Max, Liam, Cole, Justin,Finn, Gage.
Girl names: Paige, Ava, Jenna, Isabel, Olivia, Ashlyn, Jada, Leah, Brenna, Sage.
I know some of mine are a little weird, I'm just trying to give you options! Good luck! Naming kids is the hardest -- can't wait to see what you choose!
We didn't have many boy names, but we like Thomas-don't love Tom though. And Jack my grandpas name...but my sister took it. My nephews are Nathan, which is darling, Carson, Jack and James.
Good luck!
Use some family names on them when they are born and see if they stick. We tried that with Connor, we called him a different name ever day to see what would be best.
Good luck. Hang in there! Love, Allyson
I had forgotten you had a blog and just received an email update the other day. It was fun getting caught up on how you, Sam and the babies are doing.
You were asking about baby names and I realized that as nursery leader I am sitting on a gold mine of possibilities! The good thing is that these are some of the best names figured out by your peers and since they have already used them, by the time your little ones get into the nursery their kids will all be sunbeams or older and the names ...for obvious reasons will not be used by them or anyone closely related to them again. Which makes them unique and fresh again.
The girl names are: Jennifer, Kayla, Lexi (Alexis), Tatum, Olivia, Naomi, Noel, Charlotte, Makinzi, Brynn Hannah, and Allisa.
The boy names are: Evan, Dean, Benson, Daniel, Elijah, Joshua, Sam, Caden, Gavin, Owen, Aaron, Gabe, Sawyer, Grant and Jackson.
Course if these names don't work out feel free to use my grand children's names: Benson Michael, Grace Colleen and Sabrina Beth.
I am also including the names my nieces and nephews have recently used. They are also your peers and live all over the country so it gives you a nice selection.
Girls: Carlee, Ella Jane, Amelia Mae, Aynslee, Claire, Callie, and Brooklin.
Boys: Drew, Garret, Trenton, Truman, Mason, Dallin, William, Calvin, Nathan, Jacob, Brock, and Zachary and Finn.
Good luck and we wish you the best in the days and weeks ahead.
Kathy Richards
Here's my opinion about trendy names and keep in mind, have 2 girls with trendy names (Sydney and Raegan), I just wish now that I had gone with a little more traditional names for 1 main reason, I don't want their names to sound old when they get old! Like my grandmother Ida and Jared's grandma Mildred and Jared's grandfather Orville, i'm sure at the time, they sounded really cute and trendy, but now they just sound like old fashioned names and I hate that because I would have loved to name my kids after their grandparents, but I couldn't because their names are terrible! So anyway, that's my humble opinion about that!
My favorite traditional names:
-Samuel (it's my grandad's name and I love it, I probably should have named Luke that)
-Nathan (love Nate)
-Daniel
-Charles
-William (Will)
I honestly don't have any girl favorites, it's easier to think of trendy girl names I like! Good luck!
Some boy names around here that I never though of are Kai, Lincoln, Easton, Gary, Tate, Ty, Preston, Conrad, Stetson, some are weird I know but there are some for a variety.
Girl names Delaney, Vivian Lee, Amelia, Lucy (old fashion, but I decided I love it), There are more boys than girls where I live.
GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!!
Good luck with the name thing. It is SO hard! You already know the names I love for my babies... but some others I LOVE, but my hubby wouldn't stand for are:
Girls:
Lily, Ava, Olivia, Brighton, Emma, Hadyn
Boys:
Hadyn, Carter, Cache, Sawyer, Cruise, Bentley
Good Luck! I'm excited to find out what you decide!