Today's News-- 31 Weeks & 4 Days

I did well yesterday with contractions but this morning when they woke me up to monitor I wasn't doing as well so again, had to get the shot to slow them. But we're good now.

I had an ultrasound last night to check the babies' growth. They have an u/s room right on this floor so the doctors can come in & do them. The babies' growth has slowed down quite a bit & from the measurements, they look to be about 3 lbs. 4 oz. each, which is the 28th percentile. The bigger they get, the harder it is to get precise measurements so those could be off a bit. I asked Dr. Adam why their growth would be slowing that much & she said its because my placentas are aging too quickly. Darn placentas! So that will play another factor in how long they can stay in there because if the placentas aren't functioning, they babies are better off being out.

I had my first of 2 steroid shots this morning (ouch!) to help the babies' lungs develop. My doc had to wait for the swelling to go down from being on IV fluids. If you're swollen & get the steroid it can increase your risk of pulmonary edema.

On the brighter side, since I now have the "touring privelages," Dr. Adam suggested that Sam take me up to the top level of the parking garage tomorrow night & we might be able to see some fireworks. Something to look foward to! It'll be heaven actually being in the fresh air since I haven't been in a week & a half!

Here are the pictures Amanda took of me on my monitors. You can see where each baby is by the color of their strap. Those disks measure their heartrates. The white strap is holding on my contractions monitor. I do this 4 times each 24 hour period for an hour!

Comments

Andrea Dent said…
Hey, I had to check for an update before I head out of town! I'm really praying for you and the babies! I hope everything goes well for the next few weeks! And when I get back, I will for sure come and see you! Maybe we should plan a girls night out to come see you!
Krissee said…
Well at least you look great! You seem very upbeat and I'm sure your positive attitude is good for your babies. I was actually being monitored this morning as well. I looked much like you do in your pictures although I was in a recliner in the doctors office. I hope you get to see fireworks tonight! We are praying for you ane your babies!
those straps are lovely. You wear them nicely. Cute stuff. I had an ultra sound at that same hospital and Kylee was off by about 7 oz's...so hey....hopefully they'll be like 4 pounds by the time they come. Maybe if you just ate a bunch of fattening food, the babies would get bigger and not you? Wouldn't that be nice? Anyway, shots...IV's....yuck! I feel for you. They do the shots in your butt too, nice! I had the RH factor thingy too so I had that shot in my butt and it's like honestly, has anybody not seen my butt at this hospital? See ya tomorrow!
lindsi said…
Alisha, glad to hear that everything is going well. I remember those days of being monitored...fun times! You look great and seem to be doing well despite the long hospital stay...keep smiling. By the way, how is your back...I hated those hospital beds. Love you and I'll try and call you this weekend sometime.
Ally said…
I wish that I could come visit you. Maybe I'll just fly out there! That's a good excuse isn't it?? I think so. I'll bring Jeff and Nanci with me - they are the NICU nurses. They can take good care of the babies for ya. Good luck in the next couple weeks. And have Sam bring you something comfy to lay on because those hopsital beds are the worst. I have to stay for 3-4 days with my babies because of c-section and I HATE them. I can't imagine any longer than that. Love ya'll, Allyson
Melanie Rossi said…
Wow! You've had a lot going on! I didn't even know until today! I do feel for you about being bored! That's terrible! You just say the word and I'll go up there to entertain you! Good luck!!!!
fergusonfam said…
You look great Lish! I am so excited for you guys! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you lots.
I am glad you got to go outside and see some fire works. I am glad things are going well... not easy but well. you are amazing.
Amy said…
Alisha just blog stalking you! Sorry to here you are in the hospital until your babies are born. I hope everything goes okay. I can't imagine being in the hospital like that for weeks. Good luck and I am sure your babies will be well and oh so cute!
Unknown said…
Hey, you look absolutely beautiful!
Justin gave me your address here and I just needed to tell you congratulations on everything on your twins. I will pray for a healthy delivery and for both of the babies and of course you and Sam. What a chenge from the days at El Paso County huh?! You take care and I will be watching for pics of you the new Mom and Sam with your beautiful babies.
Best wishes!
Brenda
Diana & CJ said…
Girl, hang in there. It's super close now. Your babies are going to be so cute. I'll keep the 3 of you in my prayers tonight.
Natalee said…
Gosh, I leave town and everything falls apart. we will be praying for you guys. You look great by the way.
Diana & CJ said…
PS.
How do you make those cool picture collages? I wanna learn.
Marianne said…
Hi Alisha...this is Ryan's mom. Just want you to know we are following you here in MO...and sending good thoughts your way. I am impressed with your blogging skills. What a nice journal you are keeping! That's one good thing about your long hospital stay. You look radiant. Wishing for a happy delivery but not too soon!
Erica said…
This looks familiar! ha-ha Thanks for your pillow trick!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...