Drumroll Please....

It's nearly midnight & I'm just posting because the ultrasound didn't actually happen until 10:20, then there was talking about the it, then I had to be monitored for an hour. I just got off the monitors so sorry for all who were waiting to hear what was going on. It's been an evening filled with anxiety for me & I was driving my mom & Sam CRAZY! (Sorry guys!) But here's the news... the babies are still growing! The boy is now estimated to be 4 lbs 11 oz & baby girl is 4 lbs 1 oz. She did drop in percentile from 16th to 15th, but considering her previous pattern, she did pretty darn good. A lot of that is due to getting my liver condition under control as well as me finally getting my appetite back & actually eating good meals.

The reason that I'm not home tonight is because I have to get some tests run tomorrow. If they all turn out well, then I can go home tomorrow evening. At this point, Dr. Adam will try to get me to 36 weeks, which is Sunday the 3rd of August. I will have a lot easier time wrapping my head around that if I get to go home for at least some of it. If I find out tomorrow that I have to stay here, I might just go insane. If I do get to go home, the scenario will be that I have to come in several times a week to get the babies monitored & I'll have to come in if I have painful contractions more than 7-8 minutes apart. Each time I have to come in for the contractions, the situation will be reassessed & everything could change. So it's still very much up in the air.

As much as I'd like to be done with this pregnancy (I am starting to get unbelievably uncomfortable-- my short torso is just not made for 2 babies!) I am so relieved that they can make it longer. The longer they're in me means less time in the NICU & a better chance of them coming home with me. As much as I'd like a good week or two to recover from a C-Section without caring for babies full time, I do know that them coming home sooner is the best case scenario. What mother doesn't want healthy babies?!?! So of course, we're please with the results of the ultrasound!

I am SO thankful for all of the prayers & concern that has been offered by all of you on behalf of the babies. I have no doubt in my mind, as wonderful as my doctor is, that they wouldn't be doing as well without those prayers. So I thank you with all of my heart. It truly is a miracle that, with everything that has gone wrong, we're now looking at having the babies less than a week before our planned date. I don't think anyone anticipated that, including Dr. Adam. So thank you, thank you, thank you & I love you! GOODNIGHT!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Told you I'd check it first thing in the morning. :) All I have to say is YEAH!!!! This is just great news!! I couldn't be happier. I so hope you get to go home tonight!!! Let me know how the tests turn out today.
Love ya!
Thanks for the great update! Keep up the good job of growing those sweet little babies---it's all going to be worth the effort and discomfort! Plus, you're a cute pregnant lady!
Pops Stargell said…
That's great news! Thanks for all the updates. It makes us feel better knowing what's going on day by day. We'll, of course, continue to keep you guys in our prayers.
Tiffany said…
Awesome news!!! It's great to hear they're still growing well in there! Hopefully the tests will come out great too so you can go home for a while! :) Thanks for all the updates! We love them!!
lindsi said…
Good news Alisha!!! Hope you get to go home for a few days at least....but remember to take it easy and let your mom take care of you! Good luck with the tests :)
Rachelle said…
this is great news alisha! glad the babies are growing and seem to be healthy. hopefully you'll be able to go home and relax before they come!
I'm so happy. Babies do belong at home. That drive gets to be annoying, long and tiresome as I'm sure Sam knows and you will know with all the monitoring. Too bad they can't come to you huh?

I missed the name game....how about Luke and Leah? lol If we had a boy I think we might do Josh since we can't do Kyle now. And no, it's not after Josh Jones. ;) I had a hard enough time with girls but I love our idea of Alexa, I might steal that later if I ever have another girl or baby for that matter. ;)
Ok, our=your in the last comment. I can't type!
Alisha, so good to hear from you and congratulations on your twins! I only with the best for you and your babies. What a difficult process to be going through but you are pulling through so well. I can understand your predicament, wanting to come home and be comfortable, but also wanting healthy children, way to hang in there. Good luck with everthing and I can't wait to see your beautiful babies!
chelsea said…
the babies are four pounds? yea! that seems so much less scary to me than 2 or 3 pounds. i'm glad they are doing well and that you will hopefully get to go home. i can even imagine the sense of discombobulation you must be feeling after being in the hospital for so long. i don't blame you for wanting to go home for a little while before the twins come. i hope you all continue to do well!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...