The Name Game


I am having a baby. Soon. Probably sooner than my scheduled date of the 26th. He has no name. This is probably ok... we didn't name Nathan & Alexa until we saw them. BUT, here's the catch... a couple of weeks before they were born, I felt pretty sure about their names. I feel nothing about this baby in the name department. We have some ideas but I feel no pull to any of them. Is this a problem?

Sam doesn't seem to think it is. In his words, "We have his whole life to name him." Uh, huh. Right. Ok Babe. Whatever.

See why we don't talk about names?

Comments

Tiffany said…
I had my girls' names picked out before I was even pregnant with them. I'm a planner like that. Not sure what happened with Sam, he wasn't named until after he was born AND the name Samuel was never even on our list or mentioned until my last few weeks of pregnancy. It stressed me out a little bit, not knowing, but it all worked out in the end!

I can't wait to see pictures of this new little one of yours and glad he stayed put through tax season! :)
I think you should name him "Jack" after grandpa:) I love that name! That is Jaden's middle name:)
There is my 2 cents even if you didn't ask:)
Amy said…
One word for boy name UGH! They are so hard! Don't stress, our kids never really have names until a day or so after they are born (we are pretty indecisive). And even with Owen I thought for sure he would be Graham but he was Owen and called him Graham in my head for a few weeks!
Isn't it hard!? You feel like you're gonna screw this kid up if he doesn't get the name that he's meant to grow into! I wasn't satisfied with any names for Braden. We were in the hospital roomm after he was born, looking at him and wondering what he looked like. Sure, we had a couple of names picked out. And we finally just said, "Okay, we dub thee.....Braden." He just looked more like a Braden. Whether or not, he really fits that name, that's what we picked and we're stickin' with it. haha Cause believe it or not, sometimes I think he should've been named something like Butch or Jerry. I know. I'm weird.
Jennifer said…
Liz has a sister-in-law who doesn't name her babies for days. She takes them home unnamed. I always have that experience after they are named, "Uh oh, I don't think that I want that name forever. Crap." But it goes away. Maybe you will never have that b/c you worked so hard to get that kid's name. Which is Linus. What, you don't like it?
lindsi said…
Wish I could help or at least had some advise, but we are still having a hard time deciding in the name department also. I think we are down to 2 though!
The Oldroyd's said…
I like what someone said about naming him after your grandpa. You could even name him Jackson and Jack is for your grandpa. Or at least a middle name. We thought we were sure about Cameron's name and had two favorites and after we saw him, Cameron was our 3rd choice. Good luck! It will come.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...