Adding Insult to Injury

I was having a pretty difficult time with the C-Section recovery but when the doctor on call agreed to let me come home on some heavy drugs, I decided to leave the hospital. I missed my kids. Bad decision.

I got home around 3pm yesterday. Was not feeling good... and it kept getting worse. Of course I assumed it was just the C-Section. Then some proverbial "red flags" started popping up... I had felt this particular pain several times before... I had kidney stones.

It being Sunday, we had to call the doctor on call (the same one that discharged me earlier that day). He wasn't really buying the whole kidney stone idea & assumed I was just having C-Section pain. But I was sure... so Sam, Max & I headed back to the hospital not 3 hours after I had gotten home.

So they determined I had kidney stones but couldn't see them on ultrasound so the other option was a CT Scan with contrast. But if I did that, I wouldn't be able to nurse Max for up to 48 hours. He has been doing so well with nursing & I didn't want to mess that up, so I decided to just go home & try to pass the stones on my own. So I came home in a lot of pain, got a priesthood blessing from my dad & Sam, & started drinking ridiculous amounts of water.

We made the right decision. I'm still having some kidney stone pain (on top of the C-Section pain) but it hasn't gotten worse & sometimes it even feels better. I've started passing small stones/gravel & I feel like things are looking up.

On the up side, Max has been an absolute DREAM here at home. He sleeps well, eats well & is perfectly content. He has won my heart & I can't imagine our family without him. Nathan & Alexa have been having so much fun with Grandpa & Grandma that they barely noticed we were gone. It's been an adjustment to have us all back home but they're doing well.

I love love love my little family!

Comments

Jenae said…
I love, love, love your little family, too! Max is PERFECT!!! And so tiny! I hope you start feeling better soon- let me know if you need anything!
Court said…
So sorry to hear about the kidney stones. Sadly, you know all too well what you're talking about in that department. Hope you are feeling completely well soon.

And welcome home!
Carol Beck said…
so glad to hear things are going better!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...