Miss You

I've been really missing my Grandpa. Even though I've lived away for nearly 6 years, it's almost unbearable for me at times to know that I can't talk to him on the phone or that I won't see him during my next visit. I miss him when I talk to my Grandma & find myself wanting to say, "Tell Grandpa hi & I love him too." I missed him when Sam's birthday card arrived in the mail without his name next to Grandma's.

It's been especially difficult as the birth of this baby gets closer... I've always been grateful to have young grandparents that my children would know & it breaks my heart that I won't get to see this baby in the arms of his Grandpa Great Gines.

But I know better than that. The truth is that he's probably in his arms right now. It's just hard sometimes to think past mortality & know that this life we live is such a small part.

Miss you Grandpa.

Comments

fergusonfam said…
I feel the same way. It was really hard to see just grandma Gines on the card. I miss him a lot. Thanks for the birthday call. I miss you.
Amanda said…
I've really been missing him too the last couple of days. :(
Jennifer said…
I'm sorry, girl. I lost a grandparent while pregnant; it hurts, it really does. I'll just be thinking of you a lot - maybe he'll whisper that little dude's name to you ;-)
Shan said…
Maybe you should name him after your grandfather!
Court said…
I'm sorry, Alisha.

And I agree, I think your little one and your Grandpa are closer than we know. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...