Today is the day
As per my usual as of late, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning. While I miss the sleep, I enjoy being up by myself, before the kids wake up, when I'm able to get some work done. But this morning has been different. I've just been thinking a lot about the day to come. I have a list of things to get done and the last item on that list is to be at the hospital by 4pm because my baby is going to be born today.
Thinking about this has caused me to reflect on the day Nathan & Alexa were born; the day I become a mother. It was one of the best & hardest days of my life. This will be such a different experience. I will have one, healthy, full-term, normal sized baby who will get to be in my room with me. I can't wait. I also can't wait for Nathan & Alexa to come up & meet their little brother for the first time. I can only imagine what their reactions will be.
Being a mother is so very humbling. I am overwhelmed by the memory that 2 1/2 years ago, I was beginning to think I'd never be a mother. Now I'm about to be a mother of 3. What a blessing. There are many different ways to become a mother & I'm grateful for the way & the timing that mine have come in. Last night, Sam & a friend gave me a wonderful Priesthood blessing of comfort, reassurance & health both for me & for the baby. It served to strengthen & confirm my testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of me, His daughter, & of my needs. He knows me & if I listen to Him I can never go wrong.
I love being a mother. I love my life. My next few months & years are sure to be challenging with 3 very small children but I know I am not alone. While I do have wonderful friends, family & a husband to lean on, I know that most of all, my Heavenly Father loves me. He will sustain & support me & give me the strength to be much more of a mother than I could ever be on my own.
Thinking about this has caused me to reflect on the day Nathan & Alexa were born; the day I become a mother. It was one of the best & hardest days of my life. This will be such a different experience. I will have one, healthy, full-term, normal sized baby who will get to be in my room with me. I can't wait. I also can't wait for Nathan & Alexa to come up & meet their little brother for the first time. I can only imagine what their reactions will be.
Being a mother is so very humbling. I am overwhelmed by the memory that 2 1/2 years ago, I was beginning to think I'd never be a mother. Now I'm about to be a mother of 3. What a blessing. There are many different ways to become a mother & I'm grateful for the way & the timing that mine have come in. Last night, Sam & a friend gave me a wonderful Priesthood blessing of comfort, reassurance & health both for me & for the baby. It served to strengthen & confirm my testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of me, His daughter, & of my needs. He knows me & if I listen to Him I can never go wrong.
I love being a mother. I love my life. My next few months & years are sure to be challenging with 3 very small children but I know I am not alone. While I do have wonderful friends, family & a husband to lean on, I know that most of all, my Heavenly Father loves me. He will sustain & support me & give me the strength to be much more of a mother than I could ever be on my own.
Comments
ps-I heard what you got for dinner last night...yum yum!
PS. Tiffany said that you make amazing sugar cookies, what is your secret? I can not make good sugar cookies.