There's a Storm a comin'...

Hurricane Ike is headed straight for Houston. Great. It originally looked like it'd stay far enough south that we'd be ok but good ol' Ike decided to head north. I had an uneasy feeling all day yesterday & made a list of things I'd need to pack, just in case. Around 4 pm, an update came from the National Hurricane Center that the storm had moved & I decided I was OUTA THERE. Where we live, the biggest danger is the wind. Wind = No Power. No Power = No pumping. No Pumping = loose my milk. I would be ticked if that happened all from a stupid storm. I also didn't want to be stuck there with 5 week old babies! Who could blame me?

I luckily didn't have to drive up to Dallas by myself. A nice lady who's husband goes to church with us was going up alone too so she offered to drive me. It was SO nice because she had a big SUV & I could take all the baby stuff I needed plus be able to sit in the back with them. So we headed out on Nathan & Alexa's first road trip around 7:30 p.m. Here they are all buckled in & ready to go to Aunt Amanda's!
They did SO well on the trip; just slept almost the whole way. They woke up hungry at about midnight (5 hours!!!) so knowing we were close, I stuck bottles in their mouth & when we pulled over to meet my sister, I got them out to burp them. It was way late by the time we got there but my wonderful sister had everything set up for us. Nathan & Alexa had never met her cousins so they were excited to see them this morning! See... look how excited Luke is! (Isn't he ADORABLE? He's always this happy!) Nathan, Alexa & I just wish Daddy were here with us. We pray for his safety as well as Grandpa John, Aunt Marianne & everyone else in this hurricane's path. We're glad we made it out when we did-- the roads are going to be CRAZY! Grandma Joan is driving up today... brave lady.

Please keep everyone on the Gulf Coast in your prayers!

Comments

Tiffany said…
We have been watching the news and keeping you all in our prayers, and will continue to. If not only for your safety, but your comfort too, and I'm glad you and the babies made it out of there! Enjoy your visit with your family! Those babies are way too cute!!!
Bertie said…
I'm glad you made it out!! I would leave too if I had TWO 5 week old babies. Have fun in Dallas:)
I was thinking about you and the pumping! That's kind of why I left too. We're in San Antonio. We went to the river walk today (it was so hot!) and maybe we'll go to Sea World if it's not too hot or raining. Sounds like a fun trip with babies, I'm so glad you got out!
HEY THERE EVERYONE, GOOD TO HEAR YOU GOT OUT, HOPEFULLY A LITTLE QUICKER AND EASIER THAN WE DID. WE ARE IN DALLAS TOO AT DEVIN'S PARENTS IF YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST CALL US.

GOOD LUCK
Rachelle said…
just tried to call you! glad you are safe. talk soon!
The Oldroyd's said…
We have been watching the news and thought of all you Oldroyd's there. I am glad you made it out and we will keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.
That is so crazy scary. I'm glad you made it to a safe location. I have to admit, I've looked at your blog before. I don't remember how I found it, but I did and your little babies are the cutest things ever. How fun! We are getting anxious for our new arrival, but he will come soon enough. I hope everything goes well with you are your family during this huricane season. I've been informed that I need to purchase gas tonight because in the morning it may be $20 a gallon. I hope that isn't the case. Cute blog!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...