Blessing Day
There a couple of reasons why it's taken me so long to post pictures of Nathan & Alexa's blessing day. First, it was such a crazy day with so many people & going from house to house, we just didn't do a good job at picture taking. There are no pictures of just the babies in their blessing outfits & none with our little family. Sad, huh? We might have to recreate the day & take some of those pictures this Sunday or something.
The second reason is that it's been a bit of a rough week with the babies. They really haven't been the same since we evacuated to Dallas. I don't know if it's that or just their age; I've read some things about babies changing around 6-8 weeks old. They're still good babies, just struggling. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there were just one, but with two & trying to pump 7 times a day, it's quite challenging to do anything. We're working through it though!
So anyway, here are a few pictures. I am one of the most blessed people in the world to still have all 4 of my grandparents. They were all able to come down for the weekend which was SO wonderful. I can't even explain what it means to me to have them here to see the babies & celebrate their special day. Nathan & Alexa also have wonderful grandparents who were all here & aunts, uncles & cousins. They only ones missing were Zack, who is on his mission, & Amy's family. Amy is just about to have Nathan & Alexa's new cousin. We miss them & can't wait to meet Baby Boy Baker #2!
Grandpa & Grandma Great Gines
Grandpa Great & Grammy Partridge
Grandma & Grandpa Partridge with all of the grandkids!

Cousins Taylor, Carly & Luke

I have some more pictures & am still gathering from other sources. I will probably post some later. But the blessings were wonderful. Alexa was blessed by Grandpa John & Nathan by Grandpa Ron. Sam has always wanted it that way & it was very special. Alexa wore the dress I was blessed in & Nathan wore the outfit that my brothers & nephews have worn. They didn't make a peep during the whole blessing. It was a very special day filled with special people. I will never forget it!
The second reason is that it's been a bit of a rough week with the babies. They really haven't been the same since we evacuated to Dallas. I don't know if it's that or just their age; I've read some things about babies changing around 6-8 weeks old. They're still good babies, just struggling. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if there were just one, but with two & trying to pump 7 times a day, it's quite challenging to do anything. We're working through it though!
So anyway, here are a few pictures. I am one of the most blessed people in the world to still have all 4 of my grandparents. They were all able to come down for the weekend which was SO wonderful. I can't even explain what it means to me to have them here to see the babies & celebrate their special day. Nathan & Alexa also have wonderful grandparents who were all here & aunts, uncles & cousins. They only ones missing were Zack, who is on his mission, & Amy's family. Amy is just about to have Nathan & Alexa's new cousin. We miss them & can't wait to meet Baby Boy Baker #2!
Grandpa & Grandma Great Gines

Grandpa Great & Grammy Partridge

Grandma & Grandpa Partridge with all of the grandkids!

Cousins Taylor, Carly & Luke

I have some more pictures & am still gathering from other sources. I will probably post some later. But the blessings were wonderful. Alexa was blessed by Grandpa John & Nathan by Grandpa Ron. Sam has always wanted it that way & it was very special. Alexa wore the dress I was blessed in & Nathan wore the outfit that my brothers & nephews have worn. They didn't make a peep during the whole blessing. It was a very special day filled with special people. I will never forget it!
Comments
We can't wait to meet little Nathan and Alexa! Maybe we can catch you guys sometime when you come visit Utah for the holidays?!
Either way, Nathan & Alexa looked just beautiful/handsome...sorry Nathan :). They looked just like little angels. Both grandpa's did such an amazing job on their blessings! We were so happy to be a part of their special day!
Sorry to hear it is a little harder right now... wish I lived closer and could help! Hopefully it's just a phase, but if not just hang in there. You are doing such an amazing job and it will get a little easier with age. Love ya bunches!
Hope this week goes better!