Q & A: "New Baby" Edition

Question: How far along are you?
Answer: 14 weeks

Q:
When are you due?
A: My 40 week due day is May 2nd. The latest this kid will be born is April 22nd because my doc does C-Sections 10 days before the due date. I also have about a 90% chance of getting Obstetric Cholestasis (the liver condition) again. In that case, I would deliver by 37 weeks, which is April 12th.

Q: Are you sure you're just having one this time?
A: Yes, & EVERYONE thinks they're super clever when they ask me this but they're only as clever as the other 100 people who have already asked me. I've had 2 ultrasounds already. We're sure.

Q: How old will Nathan & Alexa be when this one is born?
A: They're birthday is August 4th so they'll be about 20 months old when the "New Baby" arrives

Q: How are you feeling?
A: Just great! I was hardly sick at all during the first trimester. Just a little nauseated & tired. Just like with my last pregnancy, right at 13 weeks I got over the nausea but am still a little tired.

Q: How has this pregnancy been different?
A: The biggest difference (literally) is my size. I had gained around 16 lbs by the end of my 1st trimester with Nathan & Alexa. This time, I gained about 2 lbs. I am not yet in maternity clothes-- YAY! I also don't have the food aversions I had with my last pregnancy. And I don't crave hamburgers (sorry Whataburger). This time I crave Italian food. Especially any form of stuffed pasta.

Q: Why are you still considered "high risk" even though you're only having one?
A: The first reason is, as mentioned above, the probability that I'll get the liver thing again which does damage to my liver & damages the placenta. The 2nd reason is the kidney stones. Luckily, I've done some research in the past year & found a supplement that is supposed to help & I'm also one what's call a low-oxalate diet. My stones are made from Calcium & Oxalate. Both the supplement & the diet are supposed to eliminate as much oxalate as possible. In theory, if I do form stones, they'll be softer, smoother & smaller. If that's the case, I can pass them on my own with no medical intervention. It's also less risky because painful stones can start preterm labor. Some things I can't eat are: CHOCOLATE (of course), nuts, poppy seeds, spinach, parsley, green beans, summer squash, white corn, WHOLE WHEAT, sweet potatoes, and some other things. It's not easy but it'll be worth it if I don't have those awful stones! I also can't take a normal prenatal vitamin. I just take folic acid.

Q: Are you going to find out the sex or have a surprise since you already have what you need for a boy or girl?
A: We're going to find out. I am a planner & I need to know! I'm also not patient enough to wait!

Q: When will you find out what you're having?
A: Because I see my high risk doctor, I get an u/s at every appointment. One of the perks! Last appointment, they said they'd be able to tell me the gender next time. That means, if baby cooperates, we might know this Thursday!

Q: Are you nervous about having 3 kids under 2?
A: Um... OF COURSE! It definitely took me a while to get my head around it. Why do you think I waited so long to tell everyone? But we'll be alright. And in a few years, it'll be AWESOME!

Q: Were you trying for this baby?
A: I'm going to borrow one from my friend Jennifer and say: NUNYA. As in NUNYA BUSINESS.

This is the end of our Q & A session. If you think of any others you have, let me know!

Comments

Bertie said…
Congrats Alicia!! That is awesome! :)
Stefani said…
are you going to find out the sex, or have a surprise since you already have what you need for a boy or girl..??!
Alisha said…
Good question Stef! I'm going to add that one to this list!
lol, I love the FAQ session. So smart. So, when ppl ask q's you can just direct them to your blog, nice! I hope your baby cooperates this Thursday. I'm with you, such a planner!
Congrats Alisha!
I'm just gonna refer to you as super mom from now on.
Anonymous said…
Love it! :) Thursday?!! Ahhh, can't wait! He or she better cooperate! :)
lindsi said…
Love, love, love, the costumes!!! Really I just have to keep looking at the pictures of your two little "things" because I can't get enough of their cute faces and blue hair!
Krystal said…
Congratulations! That is crazy and super exciting!
Diana said…
Freakin" awesome! best news I've heard all week. Congrats!
Andrea Dent said…
Congrats! I haven't been able to see you in person yet to tell you! That is just awesome, and awesome that you are feeling well! I hope that all continues to go well, and if you ever need a nap...bring N & A over to play!
sara said…
congrats alisha. I am sure it will be crazy, but way fun. My friend that had twins first (she now has 5 under 5) said you can handle anything after having two babies first.
Carrie said…
that is so great! congrats you guys!
chelsea said…
yea for babies, congratulations! I would reckon that your being tired may have something to do with your current children as well as the pregnancy! I hope you continue to feel great and can stay out of the hospital until you are ready to deliver!
Jenae said…
Wait.... you're pregnant?!? Why didn't you tell me!?!?!
the fellers said…
i LOVE this post! I bet you DID get a TON of questions! Good luck with everything, sounds like you are doing great!
Pops Stargell said…
Love the new blog title! Although, secretly, I was pulling for "Tres Leches." Don't know what it is with me and the Spanish right now. Guess the new Mexican joint in the neighborhood has me cravin'.
Krissee said…
I can't wait to see what you are having! Since I think we are done I hope you don't mind if I live vicariously through you with this pregnancy. Yeah for finding out, I'm a planner too so I get it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! So exciting, yay yay yay! I'll say prayers for you that everything goes smooth. Your family is so beautiful so I'm glad you're making it a little bigger :)
laura j. said…
That is so exciting! I hope you are feeling well and that your house doesn't get too crazy with two boys. It is amazing how they get each other wound up:) I hope we can see you next time you're here!
Paul said…
Kayley is hoping that your Boy is born on his due date. That is her birthday. Congrats and good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...