15 Month Stats & Trying Something New

We had a visit with our pediatrician today. Everything went well... except we waited FOREVER... during NAP TIME. Not so much fun. Also, shots are never fun, but I was happy to find that they had the H1N1 vaccine to give my kids. Now I just need to find it for myself!

Here are their stats:

Nathan: 22 lbs. 6 oz (18th%), 31 in. tall (41st %) & 19 in. head circumference (77th %)
Alexa: 18 lbs. 10 oz. (3rd %), 30 in. tall (30th %) & 18 in. head circumference (41st %)

Poor Alexa... still rear facing in her car seat!


Today we did something new. I let them feed themselves with a spoon. We've done some practicing but I've never set their own bowl of something (other than finger foods) in front of them & let them go at it. I found out at my appointment today I should have been doing this a few months ago... oops. What can I say? This is my first time around AND I really don't like the mess... oh well. They had yogurt (a favorite) & I think it went well!

Comments

Krissee said…
Hmmm don't feel bad, mine don't hold a spoon either or get a plate in front of them since they just pick it up and turn it over. I asked my Doctor about the using utensils thing and she said it wasn't time yet and not to worry about it. Just in case though I think I'll start working on it after reading your post. Thanks for the update. S and A go for their shot on Wednesday. Let me know if they have any reactions like fever or anything.
Jenae said…
Tee hee hee. I'm still chuckling over Nathan's head circumference! They are both so precious!!!
Our Family said…
Oh my goodness! Amen to hating the mess! Jaedyn is almost 18mo and I still cringe everytime I hand over the spoon! haha! poor kid!
Jennifer said…
Gabe's 3 next month and can't handle a spoon. I can't care. I'm too busy trying to think up consequences for his badness. Maybe using a spoon should be one.
I was with you, I didn't want to do the spoon thing either b/c of messes. But now that I've done it, Kylee won't let me go back to even giving her bites of things. She is miss independent. We were at Costco and she wouldn't let me give her bites of my sample of yogurt or other things I had. She wanted to do it all herself. Kinda nice to let them feed themselves but a pain on the other hand. Nathan is bigger than Kylee, oh no! My kid will never grow! They are so cute!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...