Busted

I picked up the mail yesterday & saw something addressed to me from the Sugar Land Po Po. My heart sunk-- I knew what I would find. They've started installing those red light cameras. Sam got a ticket from one a while back & I knew it was my turn. Sure enough-- here are the pics. You can't deny. The light was red before I entered in the intersection. See for yourself (I'm in the white Accord):

This is my very first ticket ever. At least I can still claim I've never recieved a ticket from the po po after being pulled over. And I've been pulled over more than my fair share. Like at least a dozen times. To be fair though, I haven't been pulled over for about 4 1/2 years. The last time was on my way to Austin for my nephew's 5th birthday in November of 2004. See? That was a long time ago.

I'm still way bummed. I'm glad it doesn't go on my record since it's considered a "non-moving infraction" but I still have to pay $75. Like I have an extra $75 laying around. I guess I've learned my lesson-- be more careful with running red lights. I just HATE slamming on my breaks!!!! Stupid cameras. Stupid me.

Comments

Darn, you can't really bat your eyes and/or flirt with a camera like you can with an officer. (Not that you would ever do that.) I hope SLC doesn't get those, but part of me thinks they're kind of cool.f
Lori Hurst said…
Totally Busted!

Norway has speeding cameras everywhere and they just mail you a ticket - and the speed limits there are bizarre - like 45 mph on the freeway! Hope they don't get those here!

Sorry about the ticket!
nice pics. we have those cameras at every intersection here and the best part, they are on the freeway for speeders! i've never gone the speed limit on the freeway until those were installed! they also have vans parked on the side of the street in random areas or on the freeways. those are the one to get busted by b/c at least you can remember what intersection or what section of the freeway has photo enforcement but those vans will getcha! I haven't gotten caught, yet. *knock on wood* everybody complains about them, but seriously, accidents have gone down significantly!
Laura said…
You really were busted! That light was so red!!!

I am so careful when I drive through Sugar Land now. I don't want to get one of those tickets.
Melanie said…
yea...you are busted. I hate that intersection. I always make sure that I'm going really slow if I can see it's been green for awhile...I constantly see that flash going off at that intersection. that light was RED as could be, but maybe you were too caught up with the chocolate covered pomegrantes to notice....
Shel said…
Ouch! Sorry about the ticket. I've always wondered what those pics looked like... pretty clear to see. I guess I will be sure to watch myself closely at that intersection, too.
Summer said…
Ahhh...that stinks! I am so sorry! We have those cameras everywhere...

I can't believe how clear the picture is! I guess you can't fight the ticket! At least you can say you still haven't had a speeding ticket!
Karen said…
I am so sorry! That really stinks, but you have to admit those are some pretty good pictures. I am told someday we will laugh at things like this....if the day ever comes when money isn't so precious to us!
Sarah said…
I heard this story one time (I don't know if it is true) about a man who got one of those sent to him. So he sent in a photo of the money he was supposed to pay. And the police dept. sent him a photo of handcuffs. And then he paid the money for real.
Jenae said…
Ha ha ha! Tough luck! That's the same intersection that Damien, the po po, was snapped running a red light! I wonder if we still have the pictures somewhere....
Alisha said…
I'm just going to call Damien "Po Po" from now on.
Court said…
Bummer! But thanks for sharing--we're all learning from your hard lesson.
well it looks like it was a nice day anyway.... sorry about the ticket. so off the subject in my parents magazine I get there was a part on twins... it gave these websites for deals on twin stuff. for "big savings" on twin stuff google deals for multiple babies. then they said to look at just multiples.com and twinstuff.com I haven't looked at what they are but I thought heck if you could find a deal on some stuff maybe that $75 ticket wouldn't be so bad.
Lindsay said…
haha! that's crazy. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket like that. I better be extra careful :).

Hey, could I have you send me the recipe for your carrot cake and the frosting? Seriously, it was the best thing I've ever tasted! My e-mail is lindsay.a.weston at gmail. thanks!
That totally sucks! I heard they're dishonestly speeding up the time of the yellow lights in Houston.
Alisha said…
Ah ha! So it wasn't really my fault then, huh?!?!? :)
Diana said…
That blows, sorry. I do love that you referred to the cops as the po po, spoken like a true citizen.
Anonymous said…
Oh no!! That stinks! Greg and I have been waiting to get one of those... we are those people who speed up at yellow lights. :) So far, so good though... hope I didn't just jinx myself. :)
Our Family said…
hehe. I'm sorry Lish but that is really funny! Not that you have to pay that much money. There is nothing funny about that. But I can't imagine Idaho doing such a thing. maybe our time will come. Great pix! (that's the funny part)

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...