A Thankful Heart
I had a fantastic Thanksgiving this year. The food was wonderful, the company was superb & I got to have my first big holiday as a mother. I am grateful for so many things in my life; my entire family (both on the Partridge & Oldroyd sides), my Savior, the gospel, my house, the many conveniences of life I enjoy every day, friends, sleep, ice cream... many many important things. But I am overwhelmed with gratitude in my heart for these 3 people:
To Sam: It is impossible to express how much my love for you has grown over the past 4 months. I knew you would be a great daddy but you have exceeded all of my hopes & expectations. I could not do this without you. You are a wonderful companion & try so hard to be everything that I need. I love you.
To Nathan: My little man. I love your silly smiles & how you nuzzle your face into my shoulder when I hold you. You had such a rough start but worked so hard to overcome the challenges & have never looked back. I think that is who you are. You are strong & expressive. I can't stop kissing you & loving on you & I hope you will always let me do that. I love you.
To Alexa: My sweet baby girl. You are everything I thought you would be. I love your big smiles & I love our chats. You have such a special spirit about you that I can't put into words. I can't get enough of you. I look forward to teaching you all that I know & am grateful for the ways you teach me. You truly are a sweetheart & the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love you.
Motherhood is not without its struggles & I know those struggles will be many & come in different forms, but I will always be grateful for this wonderful opportunity. I will get on my knees every day & thank my Heavenly Father for these beautiful children He has put in my care. I will do everything I can to teach them about the Savior & how to be good people. I will fail in many ways but know that He will make up the difference. I only hope that Nathan & Alexa will forgive my shortcomings & always know how much I love them.
To Sam: It is impossible to express how much my love for you has grown over the past 4 months. I knew you would be a great daddy but you have exceeded all of my hopes & expectations. I could not do this without you. You are a wonderful companion & try so hard to be everything that I need. I love you.To Nathan: My little man. I love your silly smiles & how you nuzzle your face into my shoulder when I hold you. You had such a rough start but worked so hard to overcome the challenges & have never looked back. I think that is who you are. You are strong & expressive. I can't stop kissing you & loving on you & I hope you will always let me do that. I love you.
To Alexa: My sweet baby girl. You are everything I thought you would be. I love your big smiles & I love our chats. You have such a special spirit about you that I can't put into words. I can't get enough of you. I look forward to teaching you all that I know & am grateful for the ways you teach me. You truly are a sweetheart & the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love you.
Motherhood is not without its struggles & I know those struggles will be many & come in different forms, but I will always be grateful for this wonderful opportunity. I will get on my knees every day & thank my Heavenly Father for these beautiful children He has put in my care. I will do everything I can to teach them about the Savior & how to be good people. I will fail in many ways but know that He will make up the difference. I only hope that Nathan & Alexa will forgive my shortcomings & always know how much I love them.
Comments