What We've Been Up To

I haven't really posted much in a little while. Nothing much has been going on other than the day-to-day excitement of life! Here's a little update, though, on each member of our family:

Sam: Sam's just been working hard at work & home. His job is going well & we're all looking forward to a lot of time off over the next couple of months. He has about 20 vacation days which have to be used by a certain date so he'll be able to be home all next week, for 2 1/2 weeks over Christmas/New Years, a week in January for our Mexico trip, & a few other random days. He is such a good husband & Daddy & the babies can't get enough of him. I can't either!

Me: I've been sick. I got a nasty cold last week that totally wiped me out. Unfortunately I can't take a day off to recoup with my current full-time job. I have had some help from Sam's mom, sister & our good friend Grandma Linda, who comes & helps with the babies on a regular basis. And MIRACLE of all MIRACLES, the babies didn't get what I had. THANK GOODNESS. I'm still enjoying being a mom & have really loved having more interactive babies. I've decided I need to learn more nursury rhymes & songs to sing to the babies. They may not get bored of itsy-bitsy spider & paddy-cake a million times a day but I sure do! I keep doing it though because it makes them giggle & that is music to my ears.

Nathan (a.k.a. "Hub Chubs"): Nathan just won't stop growing or smiling. He LOVES to lay under his Baby Einstein mat. He gets all excited when we lay him under the music & lights. He's also started to love batting at toys. As you might guess from his nick-name, he's quite the big eater & DOES NOT like to have the bottle taken away to burp. He kind of freaks out. We think he's about 13 lbs. Nathan is a fun & snuggely little boy. He looks more & more like his daddy every day. Alexa (a.k.a. "Princess"): Poor little Alexa is suffering from her 2nd ear infection right now. She just finished her other anti-biotics Thursday & started with the ear stuff again just a few days afterwards. The doc says to expect tubes in a couple of months since she's getting them so young & so frequently. Luckily, she still eats & sleeps pretty well. She just likes to be held more & gets to sleep in her swing some if I need to pump. She's still a little peanut weighing in at less than 10 1/2 lbs. She loves the sound of her voice & is very chatty (where'd she get that from?). No one can make her giggle & coo more than her daddy. But when she's upset, she wants her mommy. Alexa is a darling sweet little Princess & gets more beautiful every day. (This picture is not the cutest of her but she was sick & finally zonked out in the swing-- with her mouth wide open. She can thank her mommy & grandma for that trait!)I'll try to be better about take pictures & videos! I'm going to try to get some video of the babies laughing. It is, of course, the most adorable sound & sight EVER!

Comments

Krystal said…
What darling babies. It's fun to see them growing!
Amy said…
So cute! I am counting down the days when I can see them (47 days I'm pretty sure)! Owen weighs right in between them! I can't get enough of the pictures. I hope you are feeling better and yeah for vacation days for Sammy!
Craner Family said…
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of Nathan and Alexis. They are the cutest babies, (besides my Zac...) I bet you're have a blast with them.

ps...baby laughs are the best sounds in the world.
Sarah said…
I am so impressed! That floor behind Nathan is spotless! I could never take a picture of Minnie on our kitchen floor without embarrassing myself.
Alisha said…
Sarah-- I also don't have 5 other older children to mess up my floors. The babies just eat breast milk. Just wait until they start real foods. Goodbye clean floors. Well, on second though, maybe not. I do have 2 dogs. Maybe you should get dogs! :) Like you need more stuff to take care of!
Sarah said…
Ike got ear infections ALL the time when he was little. The ENT told me he needed tubes as well. My aunt who is a masseuse showed me a technique to do every time I thought about it or laid him down to change his diaper. I tried it even though I didn't believe it would work. He never had another ear infection again! I could show it to you if you like.
Alisha said…
Yes, please show me! That'd be awesome! I would really like to avoid tubes. The tubes themselves would be ok, but surgery is scary for babies!
Anonymous said…
They are just too cute for words!! Love Nathan's wild hair. :) Hope Alexa is feeling better!
The Oldroyd's said…
Oh so cute. I love the pictures. Thanks so much for the update! I loved hearing Brooklynn laugh. Can't wait until Cameron does.
Court said…
Nathan's crackin' me up all chilled out in his bumbo! And as far as Alexa goes--who WOULDN'T want to sleep gently cradled in a swing? Whatever works for those tiny sore ears.
Diana & CJ said…
Nathan's hair is absolutely rad!! I love it!! And Alexa reminds me so much of my little Nessa...she sleeps just like that inher swing too. Hope you feel better soon.
those are funny pics, thanks for the updates!
Diana & CJ said…
Baby Gap, it came w/ a matching sweater too.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...