The NICU
Baby spent 2 days in the NICU because his breath rate was too fast. Because it was fast, he wasn't able to eat so he just had an IV of glucose to keep his blood sugar up. He was sure hungry and sucking hard on that binky! To be released to general nursery, it had to be below 60 bpm and stay there. It would drop down enough that he could have a feeding, but then go back up. It was so hard having him in there!
There is construction going on at the hospital to add the new pediatrics wing, so they put those little yellow earmuffs on the babies to protect their ears from the sounds of the jackhammers!
I still wasn't feeling too great from surgery, but enjoyed going to the NICU when I could to get some snuggles from my cute little guy.
There is time in the afternoon when they let siblings come into the NICU to see the baby. Nathan, Alexa and Max were so thrilled to meet their new baby brother!
It was hard just being up in my room, pumping (again) and not being able to have the baby in my room. It kind of felt like I didn't really have a baby! My family and friends did a great job of making me feel loved. Sam brought me these beautiful flowers...
And I didn't get pictures, but Marianne brought some delicious Crave cupcakes, and my friends Jennifer (bringing Cheesecake!) & Jenae both came for a visit, even though they couldn't meet the baby. It really meant a lot to me! And of course grandparents & Aunt Jennie Jo came around too.
I never thought I'd have to do the NICU thing again. Not fun! But glad it is not worse!



Comments