Name Story
It's no secret that it's difficult for Sam & I to agree on a name for our babies. We don't talk about it much during the pregnancy because we don't agree. Boys, in particular, are hard for us to decide on (go figure)! The name I've always wanted to name a boy is Carter. But for all 3 boys, I couldn't talk Sam into it. I decided during my pregnancy that I really liked the name Cannon. Sam said, "it could be considered." Then the weekend before this baby was born, we were at the new X-Men movie, and we decided we both kind of liked Logan.
The morning I was scheduled for my c-section, I posted on Facebook that I would make a loaf of bread for anyone who came up with the name we agreed on. It was fun seeing all of the suggestions! I really wanted a 2 syllable name, like the other boys. I'm really into patterns, and like names to fit together.
That morning, my friend Sarah DeCamps texted me with her name idea. It was Lincoln. Her reasoning is that it has 2 syllables, it has the same ending sound as Nathan and is a last name, like Maxwell. She totally gets my pattern thing.
When we got to the hospital, I told Sam that I had another name idea. (He may have rolled his eyes) When I told him what it was... he liked it!
After the baby was released from the NICU and we were able to spend some time with him, we decided that Lincoln was the perfect fit (thanks Sarah!). His middle name is Joseph, after Grandpa Dudley. We also love that his initials are LJO, like Grandpa Oldroyd.
The morning I was scheduled for my c-section, I posted on Facebook that I would make a loaf of bread for anyone who came up with the name we agreed on. It was fun seeing all of the suggestions! I really wanted a 2 syllable name, like the other boys. I'm really into patterns, and like names to fit together.
That morning, my friend Sarah DeCamps texted me with her name idea. It was Lincoln. Her reasoning is that it has 2 syllables, it has the same ending sound as Nathan and is a last name, like Maxwell. She totally gets my pattern thing.
When we got to the hospital, I told Sam that I had another name idea. (He may have rolled his eyes) When I told him what it was... he liked it!
After the baby was released from the NICU and we were able to spend some time with him, we decided that Lincoln was the perfect fit (thanks Sarah!). His middle name is Joseph, after Grandpa Dudley. We also love that his initials are LJO, like Grandpa Oldroyd.
Welcome to the world
Lincoln Joseph Oldroyd
Comments