He's out!
We finally got the baby in our room! His breathing was still a little fast so he couldn't be released to general nursery, but the pediatrician decided that since they weren't really doing anything but monitoring him, she would release him to my room. I was so grateful! It was actually even better than having him in general nursery because I got all of the benefits but it was a NICU nurse that came to monitor him & they only have 3 patients each.
Sam & I were finally able to spend some quality time together with our baby. The kids also got to come up and hold him! Surprisingly, Maxwell was the most thrilled. It was adorable.
I sure love my FOUR kids!
We also got another special visitor - our L&D nurse, Angela. She really was the best. We were lucky enough (and totally by chance) to get the nurse who precepted Aunt Jennie Jo when she was in nursing school. She was so fun to be with & took really good care of me. Even though her shift ended at 7, she stayed for the baby's birth and worked really really hard to try to get him to clear his lungs. She stayed until I was in recovery. It means so much to me to have had such great care. She really is an angel & we're so grateful to have been able to see her again! Thank you, Angela!
We also got another special visitor - our L&D nurse, Angela. She really was the best. We were lucky enough (and totally by chance) to get the nurse who precepted Aunt Jennie Jo when she was in nursing school. She was so fun to be with & took really good care of me. Even though her shift ended at 7, she stayed for the baby's birth and worked really really hard to try to get him to clear his lungs. She stayed until I was in recovery. It means so much to me to have had such great care. She really is an angel & we're so grateful to have been able to see her again! Thank you, Angela!

Comments