He's Here!
Baby Boy Oldroyd
born at 7:07 p.m. on June 4, 2014
7 lbs. 5 oz, 19 in long
After about 20 minutes, Dr. Adam had them call the NICU team. They took him to the care room next to the OR & Sam went with him. His oxygen was low at first, but it came up as they worked on him, so he never ended up needing supplemental oxygen. His respiratory rate was high due to the extra fluid in his lungs. They took him to the NICU and started him on a glucose IV, since he couldn't eat due to his respiratory rate.
They let my mom come to recovery with me so Sam could stay with the baby. I also got to see him a little bit before they took him up. It was pretty emotional because with the new "baby friendly" movement, I had expected to have him with me the whole time. But I knew he was in good hands. I was also grateful for the good care that I received & the support from Sam & my mom & especially grateful for my little miracle baby. He is finally here!


Comments