Annual Oldroyd Pumpkin Carving

The kids & I went out to the local pumpkin patch the other day (forgot the memory card for the camera-- dang it!) to pick out our pumpkin! We carved it for family night!

Nathan cut the top open... (kidding) and Alexa wasn't too sure about it all.

especially when it came to digging out the goop. "Please don't make me touch it, dad!" What a Princess!
Nathan, on the other hand, loved every minute of it!

And Max loved eating it! (Kidding again... that's sweet potatoes)

We even found a few stalks IN the pumpkin. Wouldn't that be cool? A pumpkin growing inside a pumpkin?!?!
And here's our end result. Last year we went with a happy jack-o-lantern. (Remember Bill?) This year, we wanted a VAMPIRE! Maybe I'll name him Edward... :)


Comments

Liz said…
I need to make a werewolf and name him jacob i think. cute photos.
Our Family said…
What??? No shirts for pumpkin carving? Where's your courage???
Amy said…
So cute! We have yet to carve ours...I've thought of just painting my stomach (less work) and standing outside as the trick or treaters go bye. HAHA that a way to freak a few kids out. Way to go little princess Alexa-the goo is not my favorite part either. Leave it to the men!
Court said…
I love Princess Alexa's little hand gestures...she's totally grossed out in perfect diva form!
Hilary said…
Alexa must get it from her uncle Zack. I'm the one that had to clean out the goop ha ha. It looks like you guys had a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...