Orange Cream Bars = Orange DREAM Bars


I am admittedly no photographer; especially of food. But one thing I am is a baker. I love to bake, always have. For the most part, I keep it simple. Cookies, cakes, sweet breads, etc... but when I saw these on my favorite cooking blog, I had to try them. Not only am I having a most difficult time with the fact that I cannot have ANY chocolate while pregnant (or nursing for that matter), I absolutely LOVE all things Lemoney or Orangey. With the promise that these taste like Dreamsicle bars-- I was sold.

After staying up way too late finishing the 3rd layer, allowing them to chill over night & then figuring out the best way to slice these-- I tried one. And then another-- for good measure of course. Yummmmmm.....

I do want to remake them because there are things I will do better next time. I think the crust was over baked, and maybe a little thick for my taste. I also only had little Cutie oranges-- I think the flavor would be better with navel oranges. Lastly, I want to try whipping the topping more.

After I master these, I'm moving on to THIS. Wish me luck!

Comments

Jessica said…
YUM! I totally wish I was closer so I could try one! (OR two)
Those look good! I am not a baker, but I do love to cook. I'm assuming the no chocolate because of kidney stones??? I've given up on that one...I can't stay away from chocolate if I tried! It finds me!
Liz said…
is said blog called my kitchen cafe? if so the author of it is my best friend from childhood. i was her post orange bars this week so just wondering if its the same one. to hell with diets baby!
Liz said…
k. just used my computer hacking skills to answer my own question. mel and i were best friends since first grade. small world.
Jenae said…
I can't wait for Pomegranate Cheesecake.... but the sour cream layer scares me.... a lot. I'm so glad you're a baker- you've never steared me wrong!!!
Jenae said…
Um... don't know why I can't spell "steered".... I blame baby boy.
Melanie said…
Wait a second...I didn't get any of these on my doorstep! :-)
I do love your baking! You always make such yummy things!!!
marianne said…
The "this" is on our Christmas Day menu! Yum...yum...Melanie offers great recipes! Great job on the orange dream bars, they look so pretty:)
Pops Stargell said…
Thanks to this post, I had to immediately visit my local Jamba Juice for a dose of Orange Dream Machine to quench my sudden craving. As much as I loooove my ODMs, it looks like they can't touch these things.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...