Busy Busy Busy


I feel like I've been so busy lately that this blog has just been a place to dump pictures to keep everyone happy. While that's great, I feel like it's kinda lame too. I don't want to have a boring blog!!!

Having two little mobile pre-toddlers is keeping me so so so busy. One thing that is AWESOME about their age is that they're starting to play together. That helps. It also creates chaos because they are little partners in crime. I also feel like I can't get caught up on anything because of the trips we've taken. I'm not complainin'-- I loved going-- but it takes so long to get caught up, doesn't it? I feel like I run run run... anyway, here are some other things that have been keeping me busy:

Work. For those who don't know, I got a part time job maintaining 2 web sites for business related magazines. It's been a great source of a little extra income but it's also just one more thing to do each day. I also still tutor math a little bit.

Organizing. I just spent the ENTIRE day yesterday organizing the babies' room. It had gotten ridiculous. Since I was on bedrest, I never got the chance to really get it set up. Then they came, then everything started getting shoved wherever. It was driving me nuts. So I got some SPACE BAGS and packed away all the clothes that don't fit & blankets they no longer use. (I HEART SPACE BAGS, btw) I also put away old baby toys & chucked a gazillion empty boxes that things came in. Now onto the rest of the 6 rooms in my house. Sheesh.

Doctor's appointments. Seems like I've had a lot. Dentist for me, pedi for the babies, Well-Women for me. I just had that Thursday. Don't worry, I won't go into any details. I'll just say that it was absolutely ridiculous how excited I was to go to my yearly check up. CRAZY, huh? I just really love my OB. I am so grateful for everything she did for me last year that I just kind of missed her. (Ok, see? I know I'm nuts) I brought her a picture of the babies & she gushed. She joked around with me, we laughed. Just like old times. I seriously love that woman. Makes me want to have another baby so I can go see her more regularly. LOL jk. Really, jk. I'm not THAT crazy.

Pool time. One of the best parts about living in Texas is the awesome neighborhood pools. We go at least a couple of times a aweek. Love it.

Morning walks. You've already heard about those-- feeding the ducks, blah blah blah. OH! But we do have 13 brand spankin new little yellow duckies. They're to die for. I even held one. I'll post pictures soon. I'm sure ya'll can't hardly wait for those.

EXERCISE! I got sick of carrying around 20 extra pounds so I started moving. I didn't start of easy either. I began p90x & Weight Watchers in April & finished a few weeks ago. I did get off all of my baby weight but I want more. So now I've started a running program. I loved p90x. I recommend it to anyone. I HATE EVERY SECOND of running. But I've always wanted to be a runner. So I'm giving it another shot. Nothing can do for your body what running can.

Holding a sick baby. Alexa had a random high fever for a few days this week. Just wanted to be held all day. I can't say I minded. I mean, it stunk when Nathan was also whining at my feet (that kid takes FOREVER to cut teeth-- and he's so ORNERY!) Alexa isn't much of a snuggle bug so I soaked it in.

Family Time. Ya'll already know about our Utah trip for Zack's wedding. So fun. Loved it. I love Utah in the summer. I loved going boating with the best uncle in the whole world, Rex, and his kids. I loved playing games with my parents. I loved walking barefoot in the grass. Then I came back to Houston & was greeted by... fire ants. No lie. I had a bite on my foot less than 1 minute after arriving home. For those who don't know, I am REALLY allergic to fire ants. On a better note, I also returned home to Sam's little sister & her family visiting. So we got Oldroyd family time with all 8 cousins. SO fun. Then we got to see Marianne graduate from Nursing School today. GO MARIANNE!

Ok. This post was kinda random but I hope it got everyone updated on what's been going on. I can't believe August is over & kids are going back to school. That doesn't so much effect me but it does mean the pool closes. Darn it. I'll miss going to the pool when it's still bloody hot outside.

Goodnight ya'll.

Comments

Craner Family said…
Wow, you have been a busy bee!

I asked Ryan how to get rid of the muffin top and the cottage cheese..without spending any money...yup, RUNNING!!! So, I hate ever minute of it too, but I LOVE the results!

Good luck to you!

Luvs!
Deanna said…
LOVE peeking in on you guys and seeing what you're up to! SUPERWOMAN! You, my friend, have been SOOOO busy!

I, too, am kind of running. (I ran really well for 4 weeks...) I HATE, HATE, HATE running as well. I swam competitively for 12 years, so I think I'll don my old suits, maybe a new one, and start hitting the puddle. I grew out of the chlorine smell, but this running thing is messing up my knees. Such is life!

Have a good one!
Erica said…
O.k. that is the longest post that I've ever seen! I can't believe that you got the drill surgeon to gush! She was in a great mood last week, I think because her kids are starting school this week. If you want to store your queen bed in my attic, we have 2 walk in ones and plenty of room, then you can put your kids in separate rooms.. . I think it's funny that you are worried about losing 20 pounds when you are so skinny.
Krystal said…
It's good to get updates on your life. Congrats on losing all your baby weight. It sounds like life is full.
Amy said…
totally agree-trips are the best, but I miss our routines! If I think of all the stuff I need to get caught up on my head spins! We loved spending time with you though...to be continued at Christmas!
The Oldroyd's said…
You have been busy. TOTALLY agree on the running thing. I do it a little but I absolutely hate it. Awesome on the weight loss though. Congrats!
If I lived close to you I would come help you organize. One of my favorite things ever. I really need to invest in the storage bags.
Leslie said…
Loved every minute of it.
Leslie said…
BTW- I have been meaning to tell you to check out 'The Adventures of Camden and Cadence' & 'Queen of All the Drama' blogs. You can link to them from my page... One of my old roommates has twin girls. When I read her blog I think about all the fun you will be having once Nathan and Lexi are running! LoVE YOU!
yeah, going on lots of trips totally takes a while to catch up. Thanks for the update! Organizing does take forever, holy cow! I am messy/unorganized in closets. I've been taking Kylee's clothes that she no longer fits into and just throwing them in her closet b/c I'm lazy. There is a big zip lock bag full of clothes and so I stuck them in there but that bag was overflowing. So her closet was messy and just got out of control. So today I actually went through it all and it took forever. I can't even imagine doing that for 2babies! Running will get fun. I didn't used to like it but now I do. Plus it helps that my "twins" are less than half the size they were when I was breast feeding. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...