DQ

I love Blizzards.

BUT there are 2 things I HATE about DQ's in Texas:

#1: THEY DON'T HAVE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM! Just vanilla! I felt so jipped the first time I went to a get my signature Reese's w/ chocolate ice cream Blizzard. I hate vanilla ice cream. Such a waste of fat & calories. Blah.

#2: While they do have a "Blizzard of the Month," it is not at a discounted price. Like in Utah, a normal small blizzard is $2.59 while the BOTM is like $2.09 or whatever. What's the point of a BOTM?

I decided something needed to be said about #2. So last time I was at the DQ by our church, I mentioned the fact that at other DQ's, the BOTM actually meant something. It was cheaper & therefore special, as a BOTM should be. I told the worker that he should talk to someone about that. Fast forward a few weeks to tonight...

I stopped & got one tonight on my way home (you know, since I'm trying to loose the baby weight & everything), as I often do on Wednesday nights since there is no DQ by my house. I decided to go with the BOTM since it was Peppermint Chip & I love blizzards with extra stuff that cover up the fact that it's vanilla ice cream they're using. Anywho-- I distinctly remember the price listed as 2.59. "What a shame..." I thought. But when the man said the price he said, "$2.15!"

VICTORY.

Now I need to write someone about the chocolate ice cream....

You think I'm joking.

Comments

Summer said…
I was just laughing at your post. That was so funny! I'm glad you spoke up and let them know...it really does not make sense to have a BOTM and it not be cheaper! That is a HUGE victory! Way to go! I wish I had a DQ close by! I could use a blizzard right now! At least I have a Braums...and they DO have chocolate ice cream:)
Jennifer said…
Way to be proactive! You have bettered the community!
Martin Andrews said…
I have a problem. Everytime I drive by a DQ, I have to get the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. I'm serious. My record is three in one day.

P.S. Just b/c you don't want me around your husband doesn't mean you can't let me know you're going to DQ. That's wrong on a whole other level.
Leslie said…
What a great story. Let me know when you fix the chocolate ice cream problem. Sounds to me like the local owner of DQ is trying to be cheap!! Glad you straightened out the BOTM! Where is DQ? I have never seen one here. Maybe that's b/c my weakness is Taco Bell.
Anonymous said…
You carck me up Alisha! Way to go on speaking up. That is something I never do, but wish I had the nerve to do. Now, all b/c of YOU, people are enjoying the BOTM for the price it should be! Way to go! :) You should feel proud. :)
Liz said…
You are so right! Those are two big jips! Way to change the world girlie!
EMBO said…
I don't think you're joking at all about the chocolate ice cream. That is a serious bummer about DQs. Few of the ones in MD carry chocolate!
Bekah said…
HAHA! That made me laugh. Way to fight for what you want! Chocolate ice cream, here you come!
Alisha said…
EMBO-- who are you?
Trenda said…
Good for you! The letter writing about the choc. ice cream may work. Craig writes letters all the time to companies if he isn't happy with service, etc. He's gotten free subway, a direct number to the head person at the DMV to call any time he needs to contact the DMV, and lots of money refunds on things. Good Luck, and it's funny how you love choc. and hate vanilla because I like vanilla much better! :) I guess I'm blaaa and your sweet and rich! :)
that is hilarious! You go girl. I remember that about you with the chocolate ice cream. And why don't they have any DQ's around? That's just ridiculous. I got a peppermint chocolate shake at Chik Fil A yesterday and it was really good. I'm starting Weight Watchers in January, any tips? ;)

The Palmers are moving here today and we'll get to see them in about 2 hours. We totally owe them on helping them unload b/c when we moved into our apartment they helped so much. I'm so excited for some friendly TX faces! When are you guys visiting? ;)
The Oldroyd's said…
I agree. I LOVE CHOCOLATE too! Why wouldn't they have chocolate. Good job on the price. At least they have topping to add flavor.
Melanie said…
awesome! great job alisha! where is the closet DQ?

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...