Big Steps
Nathan & Alexa had their 4 month check up on Thursday. Here are their stats:
Nathan: 25 1/2 inches long (50th%), 13 lbs. 12 oz. (25th%)
Alexa: 24 1/4 inches long (50th%), 10 lbs. 14 oz. (10th%)
So they're growing! The shots weren't as bad (for me) this time because Sam was with me & I had him do the shots thing while I left the room with the other baby. Nathan & Alexa also seemed to do better with the shots. Last time Alexa really didn't feel well but she was ok this time.
The pediatrician also gave us the go ahead to start solids. We tried rice cereal this morning! It was so fun! The babies, of course, didn't quite know what to do with the spoon but we think they swallowed at least SOME of the cereal.
We also had another "first" last night. Sam & I went to his work Christmas party & left the babies home with Grandma Joan & Aunt Marianne. We had never left them at night to go out until now (how did 4 months pass without a date?) so this is the first time someone else has bathed them & put them to bed. We did just fine & I didn't even call once to check on them. The only thing that made it kind of hard was Alexa had a (rare) meltdown right before we left. It's like she knew exactly what to do to pull at my heartstrings.
I just can't believe how much they are growing! They are so much fun at this stage. They have lots of smiles & giggles, kisses & love to give. They love to be read to, sung to & kissed on. We just love them so much! (Can ya tell?)
Nathan: 25 1/2 inches long (50th%), 13 lbs. 12 oz. (25th%)
Alexa: 24 1/4 inches long (50th%), 10 lbs. 14 oz. (10th%)
So they're growing! The shots weren't as bad (for me) this time because Sam was with me & I had him do the shots thing while I left the room with the other baby. Nathan & Alexa also seemed to do better with the shots. Last time Alexa really didn't feel well but she was ok this time.
The pediatrician also gave us the go ahead to start solids. We tried rice cereal this morning! It was so fun! The babies, of course, didn't quite know what to do with the spoon but we think they swallowed at least SOME of the cereal.
We also had another "first" last night. Sam & I went to his work Christmas party & left the babies home with Grandma Joan & Aunt Marianne. We had never left them at night to go out until now (how did 4 months pass without a date?) so this is the first time someone else has bathed them & put them to bed. We did just fine & I didn't even call once to check on them. The only thing that made it kind of hard was Alexa had a (rare) meltdown right before we left. It's like she knew exactly what to do to pull at my heartstrings.I just can't believe how much they are growing! They are so much fun at this stage. They have lots of smiles & giggles, kisses & love to give. They love to be read to, sung to & kissed on. We just love them so much! (Can ya tell?)
Comments
It is always easier to leave when you know they will be happy. What I would give to have Grandma Joan and Aunt Mare in my neck of the woods!