One Memorable Valentine's Day

This afternoon I took the kids out to deliver little Valentines to some friends & we had a little accident.  Nathan was running to climb back into the van & tripped right before he got there.  Hit smacked his mouth on the step to get into the van & did a lot of damage.  His bottom teeth went completely through his lip, he tore the piece of skin that connects the upper lip & gum and banged up his mouth & teeth pretty bad.  They're really swollen & very sore, poor guy!  I was ready to rush him to the ER or Urgent Care but luckily my level headed husband told me I should call the pedi first.  Since it was before 5 (barely) they got us in!  I was surprised but NO STITCHES!  Just glue on the outside.  It's going to be a rough few days for him with eating.  This picture doesn't even come close to showing how bad it is inside his mouth but I couldn't get him to let me open it or even smile!  Feel better Buddy!!

Comments

Jenae said…
Poor Nathan!!! :(
Court said…
Ouch! Yay for surgical glue!
Anonymous said…
Poor little guy! :( Must be something in the water... Greg and I spent sveral hours in the ER with McKay last night. Poor baby had to have stitches. :( Not a fun night at all!
Hugs to both you and Nathan. Hope he heels quickly!
Anonymous said…
oops... heals quickly. :)
poor baby boy! dang it! I hope he starts feeling better soon.
Laura said…
Poor little guy! I'm so glad he didn't have to have stitches though. No need for that trauma also!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

37 Weeks 2 Days