Sweet & Savory Sunday: THE Guac

Today's edition of Sweet n. Savory Sunday brings you one of my very favorite food items on this whole big earth.  GUACAMOLE.  The Avocado & I have had such a love affair.  I love it in salads, on sandwiches, or just with a spoon... but nothing comes close to having it mashed with various other ingredients & eaten with salty tortilla chips (Tostitos Scoops, if you're at my house). 

This recipe is actually not adapted from anyone else.  Yup, this comes straight from moi.  But I have some bad news... I usually just add things willy nilly with no measuring spoon in sight.  So I'll do my BEST to guesstimate but you'd be better off if you just use these measurements as a guideline.  You know, add a little, taste, see if it needs more.

Ingredients:
5 medium or 3 large ripe avocados (should give slightly when pressed)
1 small lime, juiced
1 med Roma tomato, diced
1/4 c. green onions, diced
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 - 1 tsp. salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Cut each avocado in half & remove the pits, setting one aside for later use.  With a knife, dice the avocado while still in the peel then scoop out with a spoon.  Reserve 1/2 of one avocado and mash the rest until smooth.  Add in the reserved diced avocado and mash slightly as to leave chunks.  Add lime juice, tomatoes, onions & cilantro.  Add garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.  Stir in 1 pit to preserve the guacamole (unless you're going to eat it all right away-- hey, no judging here).  Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...