Ten on Tuesday
1. Sam is the proud owner of a fiber-glass cast as of yesterday. His fancy-shmancy cast that could come off was holding in too much moisture, apparently, and his incision was getting infected. It was NASTY. The wrist is still quite painful. His cast will be off in about 10 days but it'll be a while before he'll be back to normal. I can't wait... not only do I feel bad for him, he is absolutely NO help around here! And I NEED HELP!
2. I've been trying not to bake too much this holiday season so I don't pack on the lbs. But today I'm making this Pomegranate Cheesecake. I've been looking forward to Pomegranate season ALL YEAR!
3. We took a zoo trip last Thursday with some friends who also have 2 year old twins & a baby boy. The new African Forest is open & its SUPER COOL! The chimpanzees are awesome. They're also going to have an exhibit where you can feed the giraffes, although it wasn't open yet. The zoo was almost empty that day & the weather was sunny & cool. We even got to see the tiger out & about, which is rare. The kids also got to pet a chincilla called Mrs. Summer. Good day!

3. The other night Sam suggested we make Christmas waffles for dinner. I love breakfast for dinner & the kids had a great time putting food coloring in the waffles! I used this yummy homemade waffle recipe!
5. My parents will be here in 9 days! I can't wait! Christmas is going to be so fun this year with Nathan & Alexa being older. I'm so blessed that my parents can come down often & that my kids know them well, despite the long distance. They ask to Skype with them almost every day! I also love the holiday season with the Oldroyd family because we get together, eat a lot, enjoy friends & family, and when the kids go to bed, we play games until we can't keep our eyes open. That is good family time.
6. Yesterday, I couldn't find the kids. Finally I heard them giggling from Max's room. They had crawled into his crib. While this is incredibly adorable, I'm nervous that them learning how to climb into a crib is just a precursor for them learning how to climb OUT of one. I know they're almost 2 1/2 but I'm not ready for wandering toddlers in the night yet.

7. Those who know me well know that I've been slightly overwhelmed lately. Ok, more than slightly. I'm not really dealing well, especially since Sam's surgery. For the past month or so, a good family friend who is newly married has been coming over every Tuesday to play with my kids so I can go run errands, go to appointments, etc... It may seem like a small thing to her but she'll never know how much its helped me. My kids LOVE her & not only does it give me time to get things done but it gives me a break. Thank you friend!
8. I got on the scale with Max the other day & I think he weighs about 19 lbs. That's about what Alexa weighed at 18 mo. and he's nearly growing out of clothes that Nathan wore the summer he turned 1. He such a sweet, cute, chunky little monkey. I kiss him all day long.
9. I need to take the kids to see Santa. It keeps getting put off. I bought a Groupon for a picture package that I can go do at Katy Mills. Maybe tomorrow will be the day? I can just see it now... Santa with 3 screaming kids. Ok, maybe just 2. Max will probably be fine, just like he always is. (Have I mentioned how much I adore that baby?)
10. I got a flier in the mail yesterday that boldly stated: "THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE CLEANING YOUR HOUSE!" Truer words have never been printed.
2. I've been trying not to bake too much this holiday season so I don't pack on the lbs. But today I'm making this Pomegranate Cheesecake. I've been looking forward to Pomegranate season ALL YEAR!
3. We took a zoo trip last Thursday with some friends who also have 2 year old twins & a baby boy. The new African Forest is open & its SUPER COOL! The chimpanzees are awesome. They're also going to have an exhibit where you can feed the giraffes, although it wasn't open yet. The zoo was almost empty that day & the weather was sunny & cool. We even got to see the tiger out & about, which is rare. The kids also got to pet a chincilla called Mrs. Summer. Good day!

3. The other night Sam suggested we make Christmas waffles for dinner. I love breakfast for dinner & the kids had a great time putting food coloring in the waffles! I used this yummy homemade waffle recipe!

5. My parents will be here in 9 days! I can't wait! Christmas is going to be so fun this year with Nathan & Alexa being older. I'm so blessed that my parents can come down often & that my kids know them well, despite the long distance. They ask to Skype with them almost every day! I also love the holiday season with the Oldroyd family because we get together, eat a lot, enjoy friends & family, and when the kids go to bed, we play games until we can't keep our eyes open. That is good family time.
6. Yesterday, I couldn't find the kids. Finally I heard them giggling from Max's room. They had crawled into his crib. While this is incredibly adorable, I'm nervous that them learning how to climb into a crib is just a precursor for them learning how to climb OUT of one. I know they're almost 2 1/2 but I'm not ready for wandering toddlers in the night yet.

7. Those who know me well know that I've been slightly overwhelmed lately. Ok, more than slightly. I'm not really dealing well, especially since Sam's surgery. For the past month or so, a good family friend who is newly married has been coming over every Tuesday to play with my kids so I can go run errands, go to appointments, etc... It may seem like a small thing to her but she'll never know how much its helped me. My kids LOVE her & not only does it give me time to get things done but it gives me a break. Thank you friend!
8. I got on the scale with Max the other day & I think he weighs about 19 lbs. That's about what Alexa weighed at 18 mo. and he's nearly growing out of clothes that Nathan wore the summer he turned 1. He such a sweet, cute, chunky little monkey. I kiss him all day long.
9. I need to take the kids to see Santa. It keeps getting put off. I bought a Groupon for a picture package that I can go do at Katy Mills. Maybe tomorrow will be the day? I can just see it now... Santa with 3 screaming kids. Ok, maybe just 2. Max will probably be fine, just like he always is. (Have I mentioned how much I adore that baby?)
10. I got a flier in the mail yesterday that boldly stated: "THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE CLEANING YOUR HOUSE!" Truer words have never been printed.
Comments
Your mom happened to drive by today while Shon was outside and we had her come in and see the babe, it was so good to talk to her, she is such a sweetheart, she is so excited to come see you guys, you guys have a GREAT Christmas with them!