A Good Morning

It's been a good morning. Such a contrast to last night... I was so grouchy. Backstory: Sam & a friend decided that they would visit all of the ballparks in Texas this summer. As much fun as that sounds, I'm sure you can imagine that its been superfun for me, being home with 3 kids. Well this weekend was the last one-- in Midland (8 hours away). Off they went yesterday morning. Then I got a call in the evening & Sam's car had broken down. LUCKILY they made it to Midland before it did but it just put me in a sour mood, seeing as how I had told Sam NUMEROUS times that his car was too old to be taking road trips in. When will he listen to me?? Anyway... this isn't about that... I hate being in a bad mood because it makes it hard to be patient with the kids. I did my best but was happy when bed time came for sure.

Well despite Sam being gone, this morning has been a good one. I can't help but recognize it as a blessing from my Heavenly Father. It may seem small but it's not to me.

#1: I messed with Max's schedule so he could go to bed earlier. Since he often wakes up in the early morning hours needing his binky a million times, I wasn't sure he was ready for it. But I need more sleep BAD! So I tried. And wouldn't you know it, he had a great night & woke up around 7:30 a.m.

#2: I've been working hard to try & loose my baby weight. I am, unfortunately, not one of those people that sees the lbs melt off while they nurse. I have to work hard for it. I usually weigh in Monday but I cheated & did it today. I lost 2 lbs this week. That puts my total at 9 lbs. since I started. I'm SO happy with that!

#3: This may seem a really small thing but I was so proud of Nathan & Alexa for doing it. They were playing with some new Little People toys that our Home Teacher brought to them for their b-days. So cute right?This was the birthday of blocks. They love em but I have been going crazy thinking about how they'll just end up dumped out all over the house all of the time. So I've really been working with N & A to pick up each set before they get another one out. Anyway, back to this morning: They were playing with their new toys & as two-year-olds do, throwing the blocks everywhere. Then they asked to watch a movie so I kind of absentmindedly said, "Pick up all of the blocks & put them in your new trucks. Then we'll watch a movie." I went back to checking email & Facebook. Then they were back. I looked around & guess what? Not only were all of the blocks put back in the trucks (in the RIGHT trucks too, might I add), they had carried them into the toy room to put them away. I am SO PROUD of them! They are just barely two & getting so smart & independent. What GOOD kids. I rewarded them with high-fives & M&M's. :)

I needed a good morning with good happy kids. I think the Big Man Upstairs knew that.

Comments

Annalee said…
that is a good morning! I love when kids understand things and surprise ya. You are quite the nice mom to let Sam do that. Not that we give our men permission or anything. :)
Pops Stargell said…
Don't blame me...I've offered to drive the Pilot on these trips, but Sam's so darn attached to his Civic and its gas mileage. I even offered to let him drive my Pilot so that I could sit in the back and watch a DVD on the way. But noooooooooooo.
Trenda said…
I am glad you had a good day! I don't know how you do it with three so young! Hey, just wondering what that tool is called that you used to get straight lines while painting. Could you let me know. Thanks! Hope you have another good day! :)
Jennifer said…
That is a HUGE blessing! All those things are so awesome. I love a kid that picks up! I hope that Max stays on his new schedule for you - he's such a cute little dude!
Paul said…
Alisha,

It is nice of you to recognize and support him in one of his interests and giving him some guy time. It is difficult for my wife that I work so much and then come home and I need to relax, and that I can't just get done all the things she had been planning. Your success also will encourage my wife. Thank you for sharing it.
Court said…
9 pounds! Excellent work!!
the fellers said…
oh what a good feeling when the kids actually do what you ask them to do, and do it right and really great! they are so cute! It was good to see you for a few minutes!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...