Partridge Family SuperFun Family Vay-Kay 2010
It's been a while since I've blogged. I've been kind of busy. So this is going to be long. But hey, you can spend some time reading it-- it's been a month since any new material after all! I'm making up for lost time!! Here we go...
On Wednesday, July 14th, our little family piled in our mini van & headed for Utah. But FIRST there was a lot of preparation. We put the kids to work (don't call CPS).
We left at about 6:30 p.m. with high hopes of making it through the night without stopping. Things were looking good & everyone was happy until...
I got in a fight with the spring-loaded seat. I sure wasn't prepared for what would happen when I pulled that lever. I was sitting on the floor & WHAM. All went black. I screamed. Loud. It hurt. BAD. Poor Nathan (my sensitive one) freaked out & Sam didn't know what the heck was going on back there. I just wish I would have gotten my first black eye from something less wimpy than a MINI VAN.
But the good news is that all settled down in the Oldroyd Mini Van around 9pm and we drove straight through all the way to Woodland Park, Colorado. One of my very best friends in the world lives there. We don't see nearly enough of each other & this was actually the first time our entire families (husbands included) were together. We got to see their beautiful new home & spend time in the beautiful outdoors. We were only there for 24 hours-- NOT LONG ENOUGH -- but it was SO much fun!!
The next day we made it to Kaysville, Utah, and my great ambition to take tons of pictures came to a screeching halt. Why does that always happen? It might have had something to do with the stomach bug I picked up in Colorado, followed by food poisoning from Mayo circa 2004, followed by a case of Mastitis, followed by a mouthful of cold sores, followed by 3 out of 3 kids catching a cold... ah, good times. But really, aside from all of the sickness, it was a really good trip. Here are some highlights:
Sat 7.17: Played outside on the slip-n-slide, SLC Bees baseball game for everyone but Max & me. Nathan was HI-LARIOUS from what I heard. He is all boy. It may be a good thing I wasn't actually at the game to witness the massive amounts of soda & popcorn my toddlers ingested. Oh well. Whatever keeps them happy! (That seemed to be a theme this trip)
Sun 7.18: Visited Grandpa Gines' grave & saw the new headstone. We also visited my brothers' graves & I was able to show Nathan where he got his name. I hope one day he will know how special that is.
Mon 7.19: Went boating with my uncle Rex. Alexa hated the sand on the beach. Nathan hated the water. I am absolutely kicking myself for not bringing my camera on the boat. Nathan was so not sure about it & then he fell asleep. Alexa was in HEAVEN. She's her mommy's girl.
Tues 7.20: Woke up with Mastitis. Don't remember much about that day. Celebrated Uncle Rex's 50th bday that night. He is a great guy.
Wed 7.21: Went to Cherry Hill water park. Those of you Davis Co. people know how fun that is. I guarantee the adults had way more fun than the kids. Brought back good memories for Amanda, Zack & I. We did family pics that evening. My sister snapped this adorable shot of Alexa.
After family pics we (minus the 4 babies) went back to Cherry Hill for some mini-golf where I managed to kick some Partridge family hiney. It's simple: I rock at mini-golf. Later that night, my dad shot off some rad fireworks in the street. He's the coolest grandpa around!
Thurs 7.22: Headed down my parent's cabin in southern Utah. We love that place. Nathan & Alexa were in heaven in the great out doors. They LOVED taking rides on the 4 wheelers & playing in the dirt. Most of the family took a trip to Zion National Park.
I was sad that I had to stay back with Max but grateful for the quiet day to relax. We also did a lot of game playing & eating-- Partridge family favorite pastimes! Oh & Nathan LOVES corn on the cob!
After a relaxing morning...
everyone did a little work around the cabin such as chopping wood & spreading gravel. The kids were so cute "helping."
Thurs 7.29: Left a sick grandma at the cabin & the rest of us headed to the Grand Canyon. It was BREATHTAKING. No picture can come close to capturing how amazing it is. You just have to see it for yourself. I personally enjoyed looking out at its beauty rather than down. The older I get, the more nervous about heights I get. And you couldn't pay me to do the sky-walk there. Yes, people-- they built a plexi-glass bridge OVER the canyon. No THANK YOU.

Fri. 7.30: We said goodbye to our family & headed back home. We made it to Santa Rosa, NM that night & then home on Saturday.
What a great trip. 2 1/2 weeks is a long time to be gone but we had such a great time. Traveling with kids is sure no vacation but I am so grateful for a family that loves to be together. I also have to give a shout-out to my awesome kids. They were such troopers. Of course there were melt-downs but they were few compared to the number of hours we spent in the car. The dogs did really well too. And of course, we were spoiled to have Daddy around us 24-7. The kids were so confused as to where he went today. Work?? What's that?? Back to real life... whatever that is!!
On Wednesday, July 14th, our little family piled in our mini van & headed for Utah. But FIRST there was a lot of preparation. We put the kids to work (don't call CPS).
We left at about 6:30 p.m. with high hopes of making it through the night without stopping. Things were looking good & everyone was happy until...
I got in a fight with the spring-loaded seat. I sure wasn't prepared for what would happen when I pulled that lever. I was sitting on the floor & WHAM. All went black. I screamed. Loud. It hurt. BAD. Poor Nathan (my sensitive one) freaked out & Sam didn't know what the heck was going on back there. I just wish I would have gotten my first black eye from something less wimpy than a MINI VAN.
The next day we made it to Kaysville, Utah, and my great ambition to take tons of pictures came to a screeching halt. Why does that always happen? It might have had something to do with the stomach bug I picked up in Colorado, followed by food poisoning from Mayo circa 2004, followed by a case of Mastitis, followed by a mouthful of cold sores, followed by 3 out of 3 kids catching a cold... ah, good times. But really, aside from all of the sickness, it was a really good trip. Here are some highlights:
Sat 7.17: Played outside on the slip-n-slide, SLC Bees baseball game for everyone but Max & me. Nathan was HI-LARIOUS from what I heard. He is all boy. It may be a good thing I wasn't actually at the game to witness the massive amounts of soda & popcorn my toddlers ingested. Oh well. Whatever keeps them happy! (That seemed to be a theme this trip)
Sun 7.18: Visited Grandpa Gines' grave & saw the new headstone. We also visited my brothers' graves & I was able to show Nathan where he got his name. I hope one day he will know how special that is.

Mon 7.19: Went boating with my uncle Rex. Alexa hated the sand on the beach. Nathan hated the water. I am absolutely kicking myself for not bringing my camera on the boat. Nathan was so not sure about it & then he fell asleep. Alexa was in HEAVEN. She's her mommy's girl.
Tues 7.20: Woke up with Mastitis. Don't remember much about that day. Celebrated Uncle Rex's 50th bday that night. He is a great guy.
Wed 7.21: Went to Cherry Hill water park. Those of you Davis Co. people know how fun that is. I guarantee the adults had way more fun than the kids. Brought back good memories for Amanda, Zack & I. We did family pics that evening. My sister snapped this adorable shot of Alexa.

Thurs 7.22: Headed down my parent's cabin in southern Utah. We love that place. Nathan & Alexa were in heaven in the great out doors. They LOVED taking rides on the 4 wheelers & playing in the dirt. Most of the family took a trip to Zion National Park.
I was sad that I had to stay back with Max but grateful for the quiet day to relax. We also did a lot of game playing & eating-- Partridge family favorite pastimes! Oh & Nathan LOVES corn on the cob!
After a relaxing morning...
Thurs 7.29: Left a sick grandma at the cabin & the rest of us headed to the Grand Canyon. It was BREATHTAKING. No picture can come close to capturing how amazing it is. You just have to see it for yourself. I personally enjoyed looking out at its beauty rather than down. The older I get, the more nervous about heights I get. And you couldn't pay me to do the sky-walk there. Yes, people-- they built a plexi-glass bridge OVER the canyon. No THANK YOU.


Fri. 7.30: We said goodbye to our family & headed back home. We made it to Santa Rosa, NM that night & then home on Saturday.
What a great trip. 2 1/2 weeks is a long time to be gone but we had such a great time. Traveling with kids is sure no vacation but I am so grateful for a family that loves to be together. I also have to give a shout-out to my awesome kids. They were such troopers. Of course there were melt-downs but they were few compared to the number of hours we spent in the car. The dogs did really well too. And of course, we were spoiled to have Daddy around us 24-7. The kids were so confused as to where he went today. Work?? What's that?? Back to real life... whatever that is!!
Comments