TWO is TERRIFIC!

My busy bees turned TWO on Wednesday! Can you believe it?? We had such a fun day celebrating!

We started with breakfast. French toast & "CahCah Moke" (Chocolate Milk)! YUM!
After breakfast, me & the kiddos piled in the car to go feed the ducks & play at the park. This is true love, I tell ya, considering the heat index was over 95 degrees already (at only 9am!). We didn't make it long out in the heat but we made the most of the time we were there!

When we got home, Nathan & Alexa chilled watching their favorite ElmoErnie movie while I worked on their cupcakes. I was so excited about them & I think they turned out really cute!
After naps, Aunt Marianne took them to get a treat & play at Katy Mills. They had a blast! Then it was over to Grandma's for dinner with the fam. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit, and, OF COURSE Corn on the Cob! Nathan ate MORE than his share!
Opening presents was one thing that was WAY more fun this year. They got a lot of fun things (including THREE different sets of blocks-- Towers here we come!). Their big gift from Mom & Dad were Trikes! They were so excited to ride them all around Grandma's house. Now if only some cooler weather would come so we could enjoy them outside!
Finally, to end the night, we sang happy birthday, blew out candles, and ate the Ernie & Elmo cupcakes. Nathan & Alexa were kind of freaked out about eating Elmo so they mostly just smeared the bright red frosting all over. Ahhhhh, to be a two year old!

All of the emotions, tantrums, business, naughtiness & work that comes with this age have been a challenge. But I am loving how they are learning new things every day. Their vocabulary has really expanded the past couple of months & I love hearing the things they come up with. They love to make me & each other laugh & are both energetic & a joy to be around.

They both love to....count to 3 & sometimes make it to 5, sing songs with Max & me like Popcorn, The Monkey & The Alligator, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-cake, Book of Mormon Stories, get stickers, watch Elmo & Ernie, feed the ducks, make animal noises, point & name body parts, say "Cheese!", eat fruit snacks (A: ewe yack, N: noo nack), drink chocolate milk, drink smoothies, be tickled, eat M&M's, say their colors, give loves & smoochies, sit in Max's car seat, play on Mommy & Daddy's bed, get their binkys at bed time, snuggle with their blankies, play outside, go to Grandma's house, brush their teeth, fold arms for a prayer, use a fork & spoon, take medicine and talk to Grandma & Grandpa on Skype.

Nathan loves to... say "Bang!" and shoot someone dead, watch Thomas the Train, build towers, pick his nose (ewwww), tickle everyone, say hi to everyone he sees, eat, ride in Jennie Jo's car, make people laugh, and hang out with Daddy.

Alexa loves to... snuggle with Mommy, kiss Max on the head, make the puppies crazy, swim, put on her own shoes, dress herself, snuggle with her "yam" (lamb), wear bows, go to nursery, throw things in the garbage, clean the floor with paper towels, go nigh-night, unscrew the cap off of anything and give Max his Mylecon drops (so helpful!).

I just can't believe how big & independent their getting. They really are so sweet with good & loving hearts. They LOVE their family. They are so polite & have learned how to say "please" and "thank you" without me reminding them. I am so blessed to be their mother.

We're taking all 3 kids in on Aug. 20th for their Well-Checks (and shots-- oh my!). Can't wait to see how much they've grown!

Comments

Jenae said…
Happy birthday Nathan and Alexa!!! They are so cute and you did AWESOME on the cupcakes!
Craner Family said…
I love that Nathan puts his candles out with his fists. hee-yaw! What fun!!!


I wish I was in Ut too...
Anonymous said…
Can't believe they are TWO!!! So sorry I haven't made it up (down) :) there to see all of you... this summer has turned out to be a crazy and busy one... far more then I had imagined... good and bad. Miss you all and love ya! Hope to be able to chat on the phone soon!! Happy Birthday Nathan and Alexa!!
Amy said…
LOVE the updates! I can not believe how much Max has changed...handsome as always. And happy birthday N and A! I can't believe you are two and it looks like you had a fun fun day! And what awesome cupcakes your mommy made you! Hopefully we can visit you soon...cross your fingers!
what a fun day, cute cupcakes too!
Diana said…
Those were some great looking cup cakes. Happy belated b-day Lex & Nate!!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...