A Reminder
I've had a rough couple of days. Little things have seemed to pile up in my mind & on my heart & they have turned into big things. I am not handling it well.
I am, by nature, a happy person. I don't stay down for long. That's not always a blessing, trust me. But I don't like how negative I've been, even if it's only been for a couple of days. I can hide from the world, not answer the phone, not smile at people at the store, etc... but my kids; they have to deal with me.
I was checking blogs tonight & came across this familiar quote (thanks Bekah) that I really needed to read:
I am, by nature, a happy person. I don't stay down for long. That's not always a blessing, trust me. But I don't like how negative I've been, even if it's only been for a couple of days. I can hide from the world, not answer the phone, not smile at people at the store, etc... but my kids; they have to deal with me.
I was checking blogs tonight & came across this familiar quote (thanks Bekah) that I really needed to read:
"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments.
There will be hard times and frustrating times.
But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of
There will be hard times and frustrating times.
But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of
joy and satisfaction." -M. Russel Ballard
I have not done my job as a mother the past couple of days. Yes, I have dressed, fed, bathed & even loved on my children. But there have been too many moments of inpatience & sharp corrections. They are so little. They don't need that. Our home doesn't need that. The Spirit surely hasn't been here because of my actions. I don't want to be the cause of that.
So I've printed this quote out, put it on my fridge, & vowed to try harder. My children may be a little naughty but hey, so am I. I don't always do what I know I should & I'm 27. They're 18 months. I am going to my best to focus on the "shining moments of joy & satisfaction" rather than the "hard times & frustrating times" so my children know that it IS a JOY to be their mother.
So I've printed this quote out, put it on my fridge, & vowed to try harder. My children may be a little naughty but hey, so am I. I don't always do what I know I should & I'm 27. They're 18 months. I am going to my best to focus on the "shining moments of joy & satisfaction" rather than the "hard times & frustrating times" so my children know that it IS a JOY to be their mother.
Comments
Thanks for this post, and the quote!
(((HUGS)))