Sweet & Savory Sunday:The Pork Dilemma
Pork is a difficult meat for me. A lot of the recipes I've tried have only been so-so. Pork is a meat I couldn't handle at all when pregnant & since then, it's taken some very particularly good recipes to get me to even eat this part of the pig at all. Here are two of my faves to help you with YOUR pork dilemma!
Sweet Pork Tenderloin - I got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago. What I love about this recipe is that is SO EASY and good enough to serve for a nice dinner, such as on a Sunday or when you're having people over. It also makes great leftovers on Sandwiches or however you'd like to try it! Who doesn't LOVE a good crock pot recipe?!?!
2-ish lbs of Pork Tenderloin (different from Pork Lion)
1 bottle of Chili Sauce (found by the cocktail sauce & ketchup)
1 can of jellied cranberries
1/4 c. brown sugar
Place tenderloin in a smaller crock pot sprayed with Pam. Mix Chili Sauce, cranberries & brown sugar. Pour over the pork. Cook on low for 6 hours.
There are many ways you can eat it but here's what I do: Remove meat, shred, pour sauce into a pan & thicken with a cold water/cornstarch mix. Then I pour some of the sauce over the meat to keep moist & put the rest in a gravy boat. Then I serve it over rice.
You can also slice it, serve it with potatoes, serve it on buns as sandwiches, in burritos, in tacos... the options are endless!
Tender Grilled Pork Chops - This one is again from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. This is the ONLY grilled pork chop recipe I've ever found that truly produces tender meat. It's easy, savory & delicious! I'm a huge fan of grilling. One of the best things about living here in Texas is that you can grill almost any day of the year!
4 boneless pork loin chops
1/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
Mix olive oil, soy sauce and steak seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops and set the bag in a baking dish in a way that the pork chops get a healthy dose of the marinade (it may be advantageous to flip the bag over halfway through the marinating time). Marinate in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours (no more than 8). Heat the grill to medium and grill the chops 6-8 minutes per side (depending on how thick they are) until they are no longer pink in the center. Remove the chops from the grill and tent them with foil and allow them to rest for 5-7 minutes.
Happy Porking!
intr.v. pork·ing Slang
Sweet Pork Tenderloin - I got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago. What I love about this recipe is that is SO EASY and good enough to serve for a nice dinner, such as on a Sunday or when you're having people over. It also makes great leftovers on Sandwiches or however you'd like to try it! Who doesn't LOVE a good crock pot recipe?!?!
2-ish lbs of Pork Tenderloin (different from Pork Lion)
1 bottle of Chili Sauce (found by the cocktail sauce & ketchup)
1 can of jellied cranberries
1/4 c. brown sugar
Place tenderloin in a smaller crock pot sprayed with Pam. Mix Chili Sauce, cranberries & brown sugar. Pour over the pork. Cook on low for 6 hours.
There are many ways you can eat it but here's what I do: Remove meat, shred, pour sauce into a pan & thicken with a cold water/cornstarch mix. Then I pour some of the sauce over the meat to keep moist & put the rest in a gravy boat. Then I serve it over rice.
You can also slice it, serve it with potatoes, serve it on buns as sandwiches, in burritos, in tacos... the options are endless!
Tender Grilled Pork Chops - This one is again from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. This is the ONLY grilled pork chop recipe I've ever found that truly produces tender meat. It's easy, savory & delicious! I'm a huge fan of grilling. One of the best things about living here in Texas is that you can grill almost any day of the year!
4 boneless pork loin chops
1/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
Mix olive oil, soy sauce and steak seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops and set the bag in a baking dish in a way that the pork chops get a healthy dose of the marinade (it may be advantageous to flip the bag over halfway through the marinating time). Marinate in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours (no more than 8). Heat the grill to medium and grill the chops 6-8 minutes per side (depending on how thick they are) until they are no longer pink in the center. Remove the chops from the grill and tent them with foil and allow them to rest for 5-7 minutes.
Happy Porking!
intr.v. pork·ing Slang
1. To eat ravenously; gorge oneself.
2. To become fat.
Comments