Thirteen this Thursday

Yeah, I've got a lot on my mind...

1.  I've been wanting to get these last 10-15 lbs of baby weight off but can't seem to find the time.  I tried the running thing but my body is not meant to run.  So after reading my cousin-in-law's blog, I signed up for an 8 week challenge.  I'm excited about it.  It's hard but I'm feeling good.  I really like that it is about the whole body.

2.  To go along with my new & healthy outlook, I bought a pass from one of those daily deal websites for a month-long boot camp today.  Get this-- $20.  Yup, you read that right.  $20 for one whole month.  I'm going to start my month in a couple of weeks.  I'm SUPER excited to get my rear end kicked!

3.  I gave up potty training Nathan.  He was doing OK but having lots of accidents & my mental health is fragile at best, so back in a diaper he went.  I'm a wimp, I get it.  I'm owning it.  Moving on...

4.  Last night a very sad thing happened.  A woman in my ward was killed in a car accident.  She was only 21, newly married, and expecting her first baby.  What a tragedy.  My prayers are with her family & my heart is aching today.

5.  I don't think my baby is ever going to crawl or move.  He is perfectly content to sit there and be chubby.  He has no motivation whatsoever to extend himself if a toy is out of reach.  I love him.

6.  We decided to take a trip to Utah in April (YAY!) as soon as tax season was over.  We have enough miles for 2 tickets & have a BOGO for the other 2.  Since its hard to get those good FF tickets, we decided to book those 2 over Christmas.  So I booked Alexa & I for April 16th, SLC bound.  Well guess what?  Our SUPER FANTASTIC government/IRS changed the tax deadline to April 18th.  AWESOME.  THANKS for THAT.  Now Nathan & Sam will have to stay behind & join us on the 19th.  Happy family trip for us.

7.  My Christmas decorations are still up.

8.  Santa brought me pink Sketchers Shape-Ups for Christmas.  I love them.  I really think they work.  I've been going on long walks in them & I feel like my legs get a better work out.  I'm sure pushing a monster triple stroller helps too.

9.  Nathan is SO excited for our trip to Utah that he wants to go to the airport & ride on the airplane THIS INSTANT.  He gets upset when I tell him, "Not today."  This morning he walked into my bathroom & said, "Whatcha doin?" and I said, "Getting ready."  Then he said, "Getting ready, go to the airport, ride an airplane to grandma's house?!?!?"  Poor kid... It's going to be a long 4 months.

10.  I ordered my 2010 blog book from Blog2Print.  I am so happy whenever I think of my blog books because I know that this record I'm keeping will be something to cherish.

11.  I love technology.  My kids talk to my parents on Skype several times a week & now they can talk to Grammy & Grandpa Great because they got a web cam for Christmas.  Makes it just a LITTLE easier to be so far away.

12.  My cute new nephew Callan was blessed this past Sunday.  Wish we could have been there!

13.  I've been dealing with anxiety lately for the first time in my life.  I keep getting the overwhelming urge to go through my house with trash bags & throw like half of our junk away.  I feel claustrophobic in my own home.  But then when it comes down to it, I'm just too dang exhausted to put forth the effort.

Sorry no pictures this time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just wanted you to know that I love you and I think you are wonderful! I am thankful we are frinds, though I sure wish we could see eachother more and had the time to chat more. I am thankful for blogs, so I can still stay connected with you and your family. I would call you right now and tell you this myself, but my phone broke today. *sigh* Anyway, I love ya, friend. :)
Cajun Cowgirl said…
Hang in there and good luck with the new exercise challenges! I hope we can get together soon!
Oh how sad! I don't think I know who that was. So sorry for her family!
I just started the eat-clean "diet" and I love it!
You are doing great. Let me know when I can come over with a trash bag! ;)
Bekah said…
I've never been so overwhelmed and exhausted since my third child was born, and my oldest is 5 not 2.5!! I think of you often and wonder how you pull it all off! Good luck with everything -- I think you're amazing!
Annalee said…
this is the first new year where I don't have to lose the holiday weight or go on a diet. well, not until after I have the baby I guess! good luck but you look great! and you are not a wimp on potty training at all. that's what "they" say...if they aren't ready, put the diapers back on and try in a few months. I did not know she was pregnant. Oh how awful. I can't stop thinking about it, such a tradgedy. She was a wonderful YW, such a great example to everybody.
Liz said…
You're not alone. I'm dealing with some similar things. You are awesome and I know you will be fine!
Jennifer said…
You go girl! I love this post. Very good picture of life of a mom, you specifically. I'm proud of you getting your rear in gear. As soon as I finish these See's chocolates, I'm joining you. I hate looking at the holiday pictures and thinking, "Who's that pregnant lady? Oh, me."
Paul said…
Alisha,
Sam is lucky to have such a wonderful wife. You are doing amazing things. I enjoyed this entry because it is the real you, not just highlights. It is the great, good, and sad all in a list. It is really your family journal. Thank you for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...