This is how we roll

Today I quite possible made one of my most frugal Craigslist purchases ever. I had very nearly given up hope of ever going on a walk with my kids because triple strollers are PRICEY. They're also very hard to come by used. I see them every once in a while but since people can spend up to $1000 for one of these babies (new), they often are selling them used for around $300. Too much for me! I randomly checked Craigslist about a week & a half ago & someone had listed a triple jogging stroller for $50. SAY WHAT? There was no picture, nothin. I was sure it was a hunk-a-junk but I inquired anyway. She finally got back to me a few days later, sent pictures, and I made arrangments to drive an hour to go get it, hoping it was a good one.
Well much to my surprise, its practically in brand new condition. I looked it up & the retail is about $450. She said she bought it a year ago. I know she could have easily gotten $200 for it so I'm glad she didn't know that!

It's super humungo & barely fits on the sidewalks, but I don't care. It gives me freedom to take my kids on walks (something I did EVERY morning with Nathan & Alexa) and go to the park. I am just SO STOKED about this purchase!

P.S. Sorry for the hazey pics-- its really humid outside & I think my lens was a bit foggy

Comments

Jenae said…
Maybe you should start looking for a quadruple stroller now, just in case! :) I can't wait to start walking with you again!!!!
Anonymous said…
Don't you just love when you get a steal! A couple years ago I got a sit-n-stand stroller that was in like new condition for 10 bucks at a garage sale. I looked up how much it would cost and brand new it was $400! LOVE finding great deals!
Trenda said…
Awesome! I love good deals like that! :)
Erin said…
OMG- You have no idea how long I searched for one of these after I had Maggie! I'm totally jealous!
Court said…
Nice work! What a blessing for you and your little ones, especially since the weather will be cooling down...eventually!
Alisha said…
Jenae-- bite your freaking tongue.

Erin-- I know, right? I thought it was hopeless. I think I got a little help from the Big Man because I maybe, just maybe, am loosing my mind a little with 3 kids. I think He knew I needed to get out.
Anonymous said…
Yay! Thanks for posting pics! What a deal!! So excited for you!
Paul said…
I didn't even know these existed. Way to be a frugalista!
that is so awesome and just in time for the better weather that should hopefully be coming soon. it's cooler here in the mornings and walks are so fun! that is amazing you got it for $50, I love craigs list. I got Kylee a little tykes play house for outside for $75. Not a humungous bargain but better than paying $300 for new.
Diana said…
That is one serious, serious stroller. I like how you are rolling these days.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...