Interesting Story

This is Jerry Hughes. He just finished his last season playing Defensive End for TCU. If you don't know who he is, ask any college football fan. He is good. Really good. He could have been a first round draft pick for the NFL last year but chose to play another year to help lead TCU to a championship season. For those of you who watched the Fiesta Bowl last night, it didn't happen. Regardless, Jerry will be a first round or early 2nd round draft pick. Basically he's about to become rich & (even more) famous.

Jerry Hughes was the star of his High School football team. Which high school? That's right... Austin High School in Sugar Land, Texas. He was a student in my class his senior year. I knew back then, if he was in the right place at the right time & didn't get injured, he would go to the NFL. Being the smart woman that I am, I made a deal. I told him, that since I was the best math teacher he ever had (his words, not mine :) ) that if & when he got his NFL signing bonus of a couple/few million, he would come pay off my house as a thank you. Pocket change... no biggie. He agreed to it.

That was 4 years ago. And here he is, about to get a signing bonus. Do you think he remembers our deal? Too bad it would be tacky to contact him & remind him, seeing as how I haven't seen him in 2 years.

So Jerry, in the 1 in 5 trillion shot that you might read my blog, don't forget about your favorite math teacher ever! Oh-- and GOOD JOB!!!

Comments

Janelle said…
Haha! Good luck with that, I hope he remembers! :)
Shel said…
Hot diggity!! Here's to hoping he remembers :) that would ROCK!
Our Family said…
And since I was your favorite roommate ever... and fellow math tutor... hehe. The favor should be extended don't ya think?
Alisha that is the most amazing story! I hope he remembers you!
Whoaa! I bet one day he will remember. Who knows how long it'll take him, but then when it does, you'll be sittin' pretty!
Debbie and Boys said…
BTW...that was such an awesome game to watch. And they talked about him a lot. So I watched his eyes and face when I could get a look. My thoughts were this "He seriously has the look of a professional Football player. I think he'll be great. I could so see him in the NFL."
All said and done, though GO BRONCOS!!!!
The Oldroyd's said…
That would be awesome. I hope he remembers. Good luck!
the fellers said…
even if he doesnt pay it off, it is a good story to tell!
Great story! And being tactful somehow seems overrated. It might just be better to be tacky. Your money will comfort you and I will definitely still be your friend, because I am selfless like that.
Melanie said…
I don't think he will remember your deal, but you could always cross your fingers! ;-)
Fun story!
Way to cease the moment. I'm dying to see if he follows through. That would definitly make national news if he did.
Melanie said…
This post cracked me up.

So...I just read your comment on my giveaway post and I'm wondering if you share your fabulous sugar cookie recipe or if it is top secret. I've tried a million in the last year and although I love many of them I'm still looking for the perfect one. If yours is secret, I completely understand. If not, would you mind emailing it to me? (melgunnell@hotmail.com)
Wow Alisha. Do you know Melanie from My Kitchen Cafe? She had like 800 comments on that give away and she wants your sugar cookie recipe! That is pretty awesome. i think your odds of getting your house paid off just went up. This is the beginning of a string of good luck. I can feel it.
that is an interesting story, hopefully he reads your blog!
Diana said…
For your sake I hope he remembers too. Good story.
well please let all of us know if he looks you up or not to pay off that debt.
Jessica said…
do you want me to remind him? Cuz I will if you give me a cut!
Brooke said…
That's a great story! Here's to what might have been! If only you had it in writing! Too funny!
laura j. said…
That is the greatest! I hope that he remember for your sake. Even if he doesn't though, I am sure it feels good to be his favorite math teacher! I miss teaching math so much. Don't get me wrong, I love being home with my kids and wouldn't trade it for the world. But there is nothing like teaching a bunch of high school kids, right? Do you miss it?

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...