Nesting = Painting

I'm hoping at some point this whole "nesting" business results in wanting to clean. My house could really use it. But for now, nesting = painting. Since I was on bed rest with N & A, I never got to do what I wanted to in their room. I knew with this baby I'd have my chance, so I starting plotting as soon as I found out it was a boy.

We are turning our guest room into the baby's room. A few years ago, I painted the room a yummy yellow color-- to match the beautiful quilt my mom made for me. I even made the window treatment. I loved that room.But I had a plan. A good one. And besides, a baby boy's room could NOT be that color of yellow! I started with searching the internet for ideas. I found a picture. I liked it. A lot. So I decided to be a copy cat. I even ordered the same bedding (for a KILLER deal, btw)!
So I began... I searched paint stores for just the right colors. When I thought I had them, I started with painting the entire room tan. Then I taped, caulked, & did the blue. Then retaped, recaulked & did the brown. And... Tah Dah... I hated the blue. It just wasn't right. Too bright. How did I think that matched??
So I set out to find another blue. I re-retaped, re-recaulked, & repainted the blue stripes. After a mild panic attack that it still wasn't the RIGHT blue, & decided that it was. PHEW!
So it's done. Well, not really. Sam still needs to paint the chair rail & touch up the baseboards (I can't do enamel paint when pregnant). I still need to do a couple of other touch ups. But it's mostly done. And if you think I'm totally nuts for repainting those blue stripes, check out this collage comparison. That little pillow is from the bedding. Now do you see?
I sure hope this baby boy LOVES his room! Oh well, it doesn't matter if he does. I love it. And that's all that really matters, right? :)

Comments

Amanda said…
I love it! Come paint my house next :)
Deanna said…
I think it's LOVELY!!! I mean, HANDSOME! :) Way to go! That's a TON of work!
Rachelle said…
perfect!
J.Frey said…
Love it! Good job. And the 2nd blue is way better!
That looks awesome! Be so proud of yourself. It actually is really tough trying to recreate a precise look. And yes, though it was a pain, the 2nd blue is perfect. Way to go. I want to move into that room
fergusonfam said…
So cute Lish! I LOVE the stripes. I might have to copy cat some. Maybe with some different colors.
very cute! I even loved your guest room too. stripes are so difficult and take patience, good job! I don't have that kind of skill or patience whatsoever.
chelsea said…
I'm so very impressed and I love it. You were so good to redo the blue. I could tell it wasn't quite right either, but it would have gone on my I'll do it later list, which really means it won't get done at all! It looks so great and your new little guy will love it! Do you know what you are going to name him yet? You don't have to disclose, but I was just wondering.
adorable!!!!!!
sara said…
love it, wish I had the skills.
Wow, I TOTALLY love it!! The stripes are too cute, and the blue is just perfect!! So impressed with your determination :)
Our Family said…
Yay! What a fun design... I love the stripes! It's good that you re-did the painting, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not because it looked bad, but because it bothered you and it would've driven you crazy. Better to re-do it now than to always plan on re-doing it, right?
Diana said…
nicely done.
Erica said…
It looks really good. I even liked the bright blue. Is Nathan going to share a room with the baby? If so, then you can redecorate Alexis room too! I changed all 4 of my kids bedrooms when I got pregnant with the twins. The 3 boys were in the back two rooms and I moved them to the front two rooms and put the 3 girls in the back. Lots of fun.
Court said…
The paint looks great! Only someone with your detail-oriented nature would have been willing to go back and do it again. nice work!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...