The update...

I'm so sorry to leave ya'll hangin'. Thank you SO much for all of your concern, thoughts & prayers. The babies & I are all doing just fine. The spotting stopped (thank goodness) after a couple of days & I was able to return to work at the end of last week, with strict orders to TAKE IT EASY. So no more marathon cleaning sessions... ooops.... (who wants to volunteer to come clean my house?)

The reason I was waiting to update is I had my normal Dr. appointment today. I finally got to hear the heartbeats with the Doppler thingy. So here they are... the baby on the right side was 152 & the baby on the left side was 140. That doesn't substantiate my idea that the baby on the left is a girl & the one on the right is a boy... but who knows? They say that heart rate thing is a wives-tale anyway. For those of you who don't know about the wives tale... the story goes that if the HR is above 140 its a girl & below 140 is a boy. So for any believers out there, I'm sure you'll think the right side baby is a girl. But the left side... the crazy one who never stops moving... a mystery!

On more good news, I felt the babies kick for the first time recently. I heard you could feel them earlier with twins but I was surprised. The one on the left (as indicated) I can feel a lot more but its still sporadic for now. Sam was able to feel it & so was my niece Carly. Fun stuff!

And to end this post, some exciting news... I get to go have a consultation with a "high risk" specialist downtown in the medical center in a couple/few weeks. The good part about that is that they'll do a high-tech ultra sound and we'll not only have some awesome pictures but know the genders! I thought we'd have to wait until my next dr. appointment! Yay for high risk babies! (Just kidding).

Ok, that's all for now!

Comments

Craner Family said…
The boy in my tummy always has a HB of 150+...but that could be because he's a WIGGLE WORM!!! I'm SUPER excited about your ultrasound. WAHOO!!! (I'd come and clean your house, but I'm over the whole "nesting" thing...he he)
thanks for the update! we are so happy you are healthy and the babies are as well. can't wait to hear the genders :)
I'm so glad everything is ok! Kylee's heart beat was always in the 120's and she's a girl so yeah, who knows. Wow, kicks already! You're in for it!
Anonymous said…
My girls both has super fast heart beats, but after knowing them does that even surprise you?! :) Greg and I will never have the chance at a calm, easy going baby! :) My sister-in-law (jenina) her little girl had a really low heart rate the entire time so we all thought boy and lo and behold...a girl. So, yeah I think it's all false. :) Just depends on the baby. I'm still guessing two girls...just wishful thinking. :) Myabe boy/girl. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see... can't wait! So glad all 3 of you are doing well. I would so clean your house...wish I lived closer. :(
Tiffany said…
So glad to hear everything is ok. We went in last month for a high risk ultrasound. My dr just asked if we wanted to do it, I don't have a high risk pregnancy though. It was great, I LOVED it! But I always love the ultrasounds. I was only 12 weeks along at the time, they tried to check the gender, but said it was too soon! Be sure to post pics, we can't wait to hear boys, or girls, or both! :) Keep your feet up!
congrats on the great report! i can't wait to learn the genders....then the shopping can begin!!!!
I am glad things are going alright. Remember how we were all bugging ang about a pic.... well can the begging start now. We need to see your twin belly!
Anonymous said…
Greg says he sees you and Sam with a boy and a girl. :) We'll see soon if he's right.
Diana & CJ said…
Will you be getting one of those 3-D ultra sounds? Those are cool. When they are small is the best time to have them because you than can see their entire tiny bodies & little faces. I did mine kind of late & all the pictures came out all squished looking. Good look with everything, it only gets better from here on.
The Oldroyd's said…
Congrats, we are so happy for you. I can't wait to hear what you are having. YEAH!
I know I should've told ya we had a blog, but I wanted to make it look COOl before I started advertising it! By the way, how'd you get yours like a cute scrapbook? It seems like everyone has a cuter than cute blog but me! hehe
Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I think you're having a girl and a boy, but Trapper says that he keeps wanting to say "Alisha's twin girls," so we'll see what happens. HMM maybe he and I should make a wager and bet on it.
Sweet! I would love to do that. Whenever you have the time, I'll try to make it over there. Or you can come over here if you want. Whatever is more comfortable for you. Just let me know when's good for you. Tomorrow I'm going over to Amy's to get some baby clothes, so maybe wednesday or thursday. Friday, Trapper and I will be in Mississippi visiting family for Easter.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...