What a steal....

Today I did something I've NEVER done. I got up at 5:30 to be at a store by 6:00 am the day after Christmas! The store was Home Depot and the sought for item; a new Christmas Tree! To start at the beginning; I really prefer real trees. But I live in Texas and they're so dry by the time they get here the needles fall off and I have a puppy who eats everything... you see why it's not a good idea for us to have a real tree. So for the 3rd Christmas in a row I put up and decorated our fake tree that was a gift at a bridal shower. It's a dandy little tree that was perfect for our apartment dwelling days. As for a house... it looks a little puny, as you can see in the picture on the right.

So I wanted a new tree and decided that I would get myself a good one. I heard Home Depot had good trees (they're half off right now) and they open early; so early I knew only the crazy people would actually go there. So I went. I was there at 6 am sharp and went straight to the trees. There were several decent choices but I noticed a lone 9' tree with white lights. I couldn't find a price or any boxes of the same tree. So I asked a kind lady (costumer service is great when you're 1 of 2 people in the store!) and she said there weren't anymore. So I bravely asked if I could but the floor model and she said yes! When I pointed out there was no price to be found, she said she would ring it up with a skew # from a different tree that was $50! So to make a long story short; here is my lovely new $200 pre-lit Christmas tree (I looked up the price online) that we'll be able to enjoy for years to come! I just love a good deal!

Comments

Trenda said…
Wow! I guess it paid off to get up that early and for you that is VERY early! :) I love a good deal too! Thanks for coming to visit me when you were down. It was fun to see you!
Susan Lazarou said…
NO WAY!!!!! If you're talking about the Home Depot on Hwy. 6...we looked at (and wanted) the SAME TREE!!!! But like you said...no price, no box. And we weren't so brave as to ask to buy the one off of the floor...so we ended up with its twin with colored lights. I'm glad to know our living rooms look very similar during Christmas, with the couches AND Christmas trees matching:)!
Craner Family said…
good looking, and good bargain!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...