My College Graduate

For those of you who don't know, my Sam graduated from the University of Houston last week! Yup... he's FINALLY finished. He got his degree in Accounting and did very well this semester in his 15 credits. He refused to let me send out graduation announcements but I'm so proud of him I had to brag! It has taken so long for Sam to finish school because he has stopped and started so many times, transferred 3 times and since we moved to Houston, has only taken a couple of classes each semester (until this past one). He is so relieved to be done and I'm relieved too!

Sam is leaving his awesome job at Home USA Mortgage to pursue a career in accounting. He is going to miss the people he's worked with so much. They have been so good to our family. Sam has a new job that starts January 8th. He's going to be working for a local public accounting firm called Briggs & Vaselka. He was referred by a friend who used to work there and loved it. We both feel really good about the change. Everyone who has ever worked with Sam loves him and I know it'll be the same at B & V. He has a good work ethic and will gain loyalties quickly.

Sam has 3 more classes to take so he can sit for the CPA exams. He can do those online from a community college so that shouldn't be a big deal. He's hoping to have those done by summer and start the exams next fall. I'm so proud of him!

Comments

Our Family said…
Congratulations Sam! Whew! What a relief huh? Good luck with your new job!!
Amy said…
I am so proud of my big brother too! Now I am the last one to try and graduate, but technically I guess I am the youngest! It's ok if you couldn't send out invitations...we will just have a HUGE graduation party!!haha!
Craner Family said…
YEAH SAM! Alisha-It was FUN to see you! Thanks for taking the time to come out and see me. I LOVED it!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

37 Weeks 2 Days