Boys & Girls

Today in Joy School we learned about seasons, specifically autumn, since (everywhere but Texas) summer is over.  The crafts in the Joy School lesson were lame so I searched for my own.  I decided to focus on the leaves changing on the trees.  So we looked at pictures & then made hand print fall trees.  Here is the inspiration I found on the internet:

Clearly we're working with me (a non-crafty mom) and 3-year-olds, its not going to turn out like this, but it was hilarious that most of the kids totally didn't "get it."  Especially the boys.  One boy said, "Wow, I'm making lots of polka dots on my picture." lol  But here are Nathan & Alexa's autumn trees to show you what I mean:



Oh well, they had fun finger painting!

Comments

chelsea said…
Yay for joy school! We did that when ashby was little. My very favorite joy school craft was leaves that they ironed between two pieces of wax paper. ooh, maybe I'll make that with luke!
Anonymous said…
So cute! I "pinned" this a while back and plan on making them with my kiddos, too. Gotta love Pinterest. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...