Five on Friday

1.  Wednesday was such a fun day!  I took the kids to story time at the library for the first time, which confirmed why I don't do that sort of thing.  Then I went to lunch in town with my friend, Amy, at Lupe Tortilla.  THEN the best part-- Alexa & I went on a a Mommy-Daughter Date!  A friend gave me a Groupon she couldn't use to Sweet & Sassy.  The package was for a party hair-do, make up, and nail polish.  It was SO fun & Alexa loved it!  Then we went to Maggie Moo's for some ice cream & then did a little shopping.  I  love my girly-girl!
  



2.  Sam finally got a new car.  After much debating, we went with a new civic again.  He found a really good deal on a new 2012 Civic.  Its nice to not have to worry about car repairs for a while!


3.  I love the stage Max is in.  He's talking & learning so much.  One of the cutest things is when he has to go to time out, he'll sit there until you go get him.  Then I stand him up & tell him he can't do whatever it was he did.  He says, "K!" and then his version of "sorry" and then gives a smooch & a hug.  Max also says, "CHEESE!" when you take a picture of him. He's so adorable.  Another GREAT thing with him this week is that he stayed in the gym daycare while I did an entire spin class! First time they haven't come & pulled me out because he was crying.  YAY!

4.  My sister & her kids just moved in with my parents in Utah.  My cute nephew, Luke, does NOT understand why he's at Grandma's house without Nathan & Alexa.  He asks for them every day.  I wish we could go play!  

5.  My quest for clean eating is going well.  Zaycon Foods (all natural meats) finally came to my area so in addition to the fish Sam brought back from Alaska, we'll have bacon from Zaycon in about a week, Chicken breasts from there next month, & we're splitting a grass-fed cow with some friends & I just picked up 3-dozen eggs from a friend who has a friend with a farm.  Its so exciting!!  Check out the green egg!


Comments

fergusonfam said…
Alexa is so beautiful! I love that you did that. Wish you guys were here. We miss you.
Jenae said…
Super freaked about the green egg. Don't do it!
Amy said…
Ditto janae! Can you eat green eggs? Love Alexa, love max, and love Nathan!
Jess said…
I have to know...did you eat the green egg? I totally would have! Love this post! I want to do the same thing you did with Alexa but with Maya. She would LOVE something like that. Very impressed with your clean eating efforts. Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...